Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Monday 15 August 2011

Maybe late but always in my Heart!

Friday, July 1, 2011 at 8:04pm
posted via Facebook



Exactly one year, one month and 9 days ago when Noel and I got married! Yes, not so long ago but it already counted a year!  I haven’t written anything about our wedding yet because I want my full attention when writing it and now is the perfect time to tell my story.  Our wedding was not a secret and I am sure that people already knew about it, about what happened, but I still want to take time to reminisce about what happened in that very special day of our lives.

August 3, 2009 when we were engaged! This was not a secret as well and the engagement happened right after Sweet’s and I went for a hike at 5am at Angono, overlooking Binangonan (on top of the hill actually!). 

Learn more about the proposal in "Where is this question leading to?".


Preparation went after that one and everything was history.  We chose to take care of our own wedding, not to hire any wedding coordinator simply because we want to experience it on our own, to panic, to feel pre-occupied and to feel all of the wedding jitters and stuff.  Given that, we used all the help we can get starting from the church, caterer, gown, photographer and everything else and yes, we did everything and it was one thrilling experience we will never forget.  

To all “would be brides” I always recommend doing everything on your own, besides it is your wedding day.  Disagreements here and there were inevitable but that’s just part of it all, what mattered was how both of us were able to come up with a decision, or was it just MY decision?? Hmmm ... That one I have to ask Sweets!

Anyways, during our wedding, everything went well, except for the flowers.  You should know the story behind this one so no need for me to write it in detail, what I wanted to highlight in this note is my SINCERE THANK YOU’S to all of the people who made our wedding a magnificent one! A fairy tale every bride is dreaming about, heaven at our doorsteps!

First I would like to thank our Parents (,:), with their blessing we were able to pursue this dream! Their support helped us establish what we wanted to achieve and how we wanted to achieve them.  

Mama Inday and Papa Gary









                                                                                             
                                       Mama Lena and Papa Nestor















Second is all of our friends, we did not have any Wedding Coordinator on the day itself so our friends has their own assignment to take and they wholeheartedly took a blast on their roles! Kudos to the Noel and KL Wedding Team!



Dera Javier – She is Noel’s best friend who took care of the “Day itself Coordination”.  We gave the entire list that she needed, all the contact persons, the entourage and everything and she was able to “do” the wedding day coordinator herself! No need for walkie talkie or headsets, just her coordination skills here and there!  Another thanks for her because she sang my “entrance song” – Ikaw Lamang!

KC Hernandez – My very supportive Maid of Honor, who, not only helped me with my gown but also helped me with my emotional needs and wedding jitters before, during and after the wedding.  K! You may have been a Maid of Honor to many brides but for me you are the best among the rest!

Anna Medina – My very accommodating Master of Ceremony Hostess! The wedding program was supposed to be in Tagalog, but Anna requested it to be in Tag-Lish, which was okie and everything went smoothly according to the program with a lot of adlibs.  Not to mention, she got stressed when there was no projector but she continued with the program smoothly thereafter. Thanks Anna! I owe you a lot!

Sandy Pepito – Took care of informing us who arrived at the venue, who are  not yet in and everything.  Helped us to walk around the resort and do errands.  She also took care of entertaining our guests who arrived at the resort while we (Noel and I) are getting ready for the event.  She even prepared the candle stand at the church! :)

Mika Diaz – Ang dakilang utusan! Literally, because he was with me from the previous night up until the morning that I was preparing! Thanks Mika for doing everything in our command and good job in picking the flowers from the resort for my bouquet.

Booba – My kikay makeup artist who made me really pretty! As een ang ganda ko daw! Hahaha! Not sure if it was really me or the makeup or both!  Booba also took care of my entourage! Good job to your team!

Ate Ling Ling – Creator of my very beautiful and simple wedding gown. She even did the some of the embroidery all by herself. Thanks Ate Ling!

Father Jerry Gaela – God’s representative in joining our lives together forever! Who mentioned the “three important Fs in Married Life” (1) Friendship (2) Fidelity (3) Fear of the Lord! These three F's will always be remembder.. Can I add another F? Forever Fernando! :)

Noel Salazar – Our very patient and cool photographer! Even if I am very disappointed because the flowers were not yet in, he told me to relax and he won’t take pictures if I continue to be grumpy!  He also asked his team to pick flowers for me to add up to my beautiful bouquet.  They even removed the native curtains from the resort and created it as back drop for my entrance at the church! Very very good job Noel and your team! :)

Learn more about Noel in "I am not an endorser, just a happy client".

Michelle Morelos – Another one of our photographers who was also with me and Sweets all along. She made me feel really like a bride and told me to take my time while I was walking down the aisle!  I took all the time that I can get! Thanks pretty Michelle!

Jed Calara – Another photographer who captured the important moments in our very special day! Very patient as well because I really don’t know how to pose! I really felt like a star!

Wang Videographer – they came in together with the Imagine Nation Team who also captured in video the moments that we had!  Sorry if I was not a good actress, when you told me to move my head! Haha!  Up to this date, when I watch our wedding day, it feels like just yesterday and I still want to cry.

Fatso Fullon, Aze Diaz and Bong Masangcap – our very well blended wedding singers! Fatso did the “Ama Namin”.  Choir in the church was care of Kuya Arnel who did a very good job in the Salmo Responsorio.

Per Capinpin  – For the bridal car.  Even if he did not make it, he made sure that the car will and he even gave us a driver! Thank you so much!

Maria Paz Gardens and Resort – for our wedding preparation and reception! Thanks to Tita Fe and Tita Xenia for the very sweet accommodation for me and Sweet’s family.  They even permitted us to get flowers from their resort and to use their native curtains for my backdrop!

Tita Nancy – for the delicious food that we all shared! For giving me the cabbage bouquet and for wrapping it with table napkin to really like one! For the very simple yet elegant reception hall, it very much captured our wedding motif.

Tita Nanette – for the simple cake! Very elegant indeed and also tastes good! Sorry if we lost something from your cake accessory.

Roselyn Silva , Athena Doyac and Tin Caancan – for preparing the projector, for dealing with the “Audio man” for the CD for our wedding dance. Also for taking care of the guests list and table assignments!

Our Primary Sponsors – You are our second parents and thanks for graciously accepting it!

Secondary Sponsors and Entire Entourage – You know who you are and you did a great job in helping us complete the matrimony of marriage and start living it.

Office matesFriends and Classmates – you know who you are! They all went out their way just to get to San Pablo Laguna.  For those who were not able to attend, i know you wanted to be there but there are just conflicts (special note to Portia Buenviaje who was in the US at that time but really wanted to attend), I know you are with us in spirit.

Relatives and Everyone who joined the celebration! Thank you so much!

As we all know, wedding is just a word, what’s far more important is the Marriage itself! One year has passed and we are just getting started.  :)

Xoxo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment