Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Thursday 25 August 2011

I also tried Boxing


In search of an effective way of loosing weight, another option that was presented to me by one of my friends, Yeyen, was boxing.  She was about to get married at that time and she needed to loose unwanted fats, thus the suggestion for me to join her.

I thought it would be fun, especially if I am with a friend. It is always encouraging and motivating when you are doing something with friends, it does not only help you achieve your goal, you are also building a relationship!

Yen already figured out which boxing gym to go to and so I went along with her.  We went at the Elorde Boxing Gym in Ortigas.    
I was excited because I will learn a new skill plus it will help me achieve my goal of loosing weight.  When we arrived, first thing we did was to register, we decided to get a membership so that registration will be cheaper every time we have a session.  We did boxing sessions for twice a week (if my memory served me right).

Boxing is also an entire body workout and will definitely help you loose those unwanted fats plus other benefits.  You will have warm up first and then you will do the punches, you have a trainer who will guide you along the way so nothing to worry about. Each session run for an hour.  Remember that it's not how long you have worked out that matters, it's how hard you've worked out.

We had several sessions before and one of which was when I was with our other friends, Erika, Gami and Dave!



We added fun with our workouts and thus made it even more exciting to come back!

This was a very nice comic made my Dave!


I believe I lost at least 8 lbs, i just did the following:

1. 2 months with twice a week session
2. Balanced diet
3. A lot of determination

Go ahead, try it.  It can be a way to loose weight, a good self defense, bonding time with family and friends and stress reliever.

No comments:

Post a Comment