Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Thursday 18 August 2011

Last dinner with my Team

Blast from the past:


June 14, 2011


My last day in Accenture was June 15, 2011.  Before that time, I knew my team is cooking up something for me.  I just know since I am special to them (feeling!) and it's quite the trend in ABS that if someone will leave, a something something is about to happen.


I went through with my normal work, transitions and stuff until my second to the last day, June 14.  We still had our last team meeting because I also prepared a little presentation for them.  I wanted to let them know how special my stay with ABS HR was and that I wanted to "Thank" them all. I don't know if they were surprised but I know my presentation was from the bottom of my heart.




After the meeting, I know they have something for me and invited me to go eat dinner. I knew it, we will have dinner and they will give me their farewell notes and messages.


We ate at Dencio's (one of the near restaurants from our office).




Any food from this resto is just so good thus it was difficult to choose from them.












 Anyhow, we were able to choose the ones we like :)

This was my team!


From left, we have Mimi (our ever supportive manager), Love (she replaced my role), Joanna, Dalyn, Wena, Tin and me.  Was it because I am leaving or was it just coincidence that I was seating at the last seat. :D


I am expecting a lot! Haha! I know they will be giving something to me and I was not wrong, I just knew it! They gave me a scrap book.  Funny because Tin just wrote the note that it's for me seconds before she gave it to me.




I love writing letters to my friends and to Sweets and I also love to receive letters from my friends.  With the gift that they gave, it was not just letters for me but a memory that I will keep forever.  




Almost all of the messages were handwritten, expect for the messages that came from my friends from another location.  It was touching because the intention of making the scrap book for me and putting it together with artwork means they want it to be special. I felt special. ^_^




I browsed through it very quickly, i just wanted to see how they compiled everything but I did not read them. I wanted to reserve my time to read them. Plus, I don't want to be emotional because if I do, I know myself very well, I will not be able to say a word.


It did not end there, another very special present they gave me was the personalized shirt and I SOOOOOOOOOO LOVED IT!!!




Personally, I want gifts that I can use.  This one is just perfect! I have it with me here in Malaysia.


Good times with my team mates will never be forgotten.. not only I had a great team! I had a good bunch of friends who will always be a part of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment