Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Thursday 11 August 2011

Are these Drugs??


One of my preferred TV stations now is Fox Crimes (yes I just mentioned being addicted to crime series). It has CSI NY that’s why I was a bit biased with the shows and got me interested.   I also saw some cooking shows in some other networks but I disregarded them because of the meals and desserts they are cooking, I don’t want to pity myself about not eating chocolates and mouth watering meals. :)

I only love CSI NY but while waiting for it I also had the chance to see the other shows in Fox Crimes.  One of which was COPS.  Real life encounter of cops dealing with people who are caught doing illegal matters; mostly happening on the streets and at home (if there are reports), real chases and real stories.  What they do is one tough job and I bet myself I cannot do those types of discussions and actions.  One scene struck me, there was this one guy who was driving crazy and the he got the cops’ attention and asked him to pull over.  Upon investigation and a lot of questioning a small plastic bag with white powder in it suddenly popped out of his pocket.  Surprised as he was, the cop said “What’s that?” and took the plastic bag and saw it was drugs.  He then asked the man to step out of the car to further investigate the vehicle. To make the story short, the cop saw a large bag with white powder inside the car and the man can no longer deny that it was drugs.

I felt sad for the man, he was like mid twenties only, and he was so helpless, but hey, I know he did something wrong and he has to pay for it. I don’t know, I just felt sorry for the man.  The emotional person that I am was playing during those times.

What particularly caught my attention was what the cop mentioned to the guy.

“Hey! You know where you are going right?! Don’t look at this as a negative situation; look at this as a POSITIVE one!”

For me that one statement is telling us that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, a rainbow after the rain or even pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

I was inspired to actually hear it from a COP, a man who puts away bad people from the society and help them get better.  To hear them telling that their current situation is not the end of the world but a wakeup call that "everything will be smooth, it will just take time",  is something that we should all bring with us wherever we go.

We are old and wise enough to know what’s good or bad, what is white against black but there will be times where we will be confused and will just choose to be at the gray side.  Life is like a Piano, there is only white and black keys and we need to play it.  Each one of us is one unique Piano and only we can play it.  We can ask another person to play our Piano but we have to make sure that that is what we want for ourselves.

Right now, I am playing my own Piano and I am having fun while learning to play it.



No comments:

Post a Comment