Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Friday 19 August 2011

My favorite Day is Monday!

Blast from the past
From FB June 18, 2011 at 11:39pm



After my college graduation, I immediately joined Canossian Volunteer Philippines for close to two months. After that, I was immediately employed as an HR Assistant in Lipa City Batangas.  I never had any chance to take a vacation or rest.  Similar to all within my background, I also wanted to grow my HR experience, that’s the time when I started to look for better HR exposure.  One year and ten months of staying in Lipa, I was then given an opportunity to be interviewed in Accenture as an HR Assistant!  I never knew what HR Assistant meant in a company like Accenture.  I admit, I was not that familiar with Accenture before, I really thought (and this was true) that Accenture was a call center (well at that time Accenture did not have any Call Centers yet).  Well then, I thought to myself, why not try to explore opportunities with Accenture, it will not do any harm at all.

After receiving the call from Accenture, I researched about the company and found out that it’s a Global Company; I said to myself “I should be persistent!”  I was the one following up my application, (I know this is not allowed) but hey, I still tried to call my recruiter (can’t remember her name anymore, but she was a lot of help).  All I knew was that I am applying for an HR Assistant in a Global Company.  I was initially interviewed by Ms. Irva Cruz and I really prepared for this interview... She asked me what Accenture was and what it does and so on and so forth, bravely I was able to answer all of the questions and then I told Ms. Irva that I learned everything about Accenture from the internet... Yes, I know how to browse the internet.  I was asked if I know Microsoft applications and yes I was aware of them all, and I thought Ms. Irva was impressed and then came the next question………….. “Do you know how to do pivot?”… Shet! (I said to myself, ano yun?”)... I told her I don’t know but I can learn it easily.   After that, I again followed up my application and then had my closing interview with Ms. Sheryll Quito and then I was hired! My journey with Accenture started last April 18, 2005. :)

Looking back with the things that I have experienced with Accenture, it makes me believe that “if we dream and we dream hard, we will get what we want”.  I now know how to do pivot and a lot more and I am no longer an HR Assistant!  This is exactly what Accenture thought me through the years that I have been with this organization.  Money is one thing to live, this is something that we need in order for us to survive but you can never buy commitment, trust, laughter, teamwork, mentor, learning, good bosses and many other things not seen in any department store rack. This is when I started to love Mondays, Mondays means that I will meet my office mates and friends, I will meet my project employees, I will answer emails, chats and I will talk to my executives.  Monday means, start of a whole new exciting week, start in attending all types of meetings or conference calls.  It is a start of a very exciting ride of my life, it does not matter if it’s a roller coaster ride or a carousel what matters is how I was able to ride it.  This is what Accenture has inculcated in me; it gave a different type of excitement to my very boring life.  It gave me the energy to always wake up to learn new things, challenge myself and help people.  With the Core Values that we have; it is something that I will never forget for the rest of my life.

Not to mention, this is the place where I met my husband, my LIFE!

Six years, 2 months of my HR experience with Accenture had passed and all I can think of are happy thoughts! It was a hard decision to leave but I know what my priorities are and I know that people understand where I was coming from.  I will never forget my stay, the work, the people and the values that Accenture built into my character!

It's like chocolate cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment