Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Thursday 11 August 2011

Application for my updated TIN ID

July 2011

Since I am processing my IDs and stuff, I processed the status update of my Tax Identification in Bureau of Internal Revenue.

I called BIR Hotline (981-8888 / 929-7676 / 927-2511). I wanted to know if my status update was already updated from single to married.

For my call to be processed, I was asked for my TIN, unfortunately, I was informed that my TIN and my NAME was not reflected in their system. For
those who know me, they should know very well how I will react to such situation.

The following day (since i was not that convinced that my TIN was not available in their system), I called again and was able to talk to the same person that I talked to the previous day. I had the same answer, yes, my TIN and my NAME was really not reflected in their system. I dont want to frustrate myself further and so I just asked;

(1) What should I do since my TIN was  not in their system?
(2) What is the impact of me not having my TIN in the system?

The answer for my first Q was that I just have to apply for a new TIN and the answer for my second Q was that there is no impact if my TIN was not in the system.

I am not familiar with the process and so i believed in what was mentioned to me. Buffled that I am, I asked my parents and was advised to check with the BIR here at San Pablo.

At BIR San Pablo, I told them my concern and I was informed that;

(1) The reasons that my TIN was not reflected in their system was that maybe the BIR branch where I applied my TIN;

   a  Was not able to completely encode all the TINs that they have.

    b. Missed to encode my TIN.

(2) There is no need for me to apply for a new TIN because once issued, its a lifetime TIN already.

(3) They will just have to input my TIN in their system right there and then it's all updated.

Now my next Q was, how do I update my marital status? I was told to fill out 2305 and present a copy of my marriage certificate. I was able to complete the document and then I was given an updated TIN ID in just about 30 minutes.

I was a bit frustrated because I filled out the same forms and submitted the needed documents when I was still employed but a year has passed and yet my BIR status was not yet updated. I am not angry with anyone but just a realization that if we just have time to process things by ourselves then everything will be processed accordigly and accurately.

Another realization was that the information that was given to me when I called BIR Hotline was incorrect. Being a Service Desk myself, it is our responsibility to provide accurate information because our commitment with our clients is to help them with their inquiry and not confuse them further.


No comments:

Post a Comment