Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Friday 19 August 2011

Kakaibang Bridal Shower!

One of the most awaited event for a girl's life is to finally tie the knot with the man that she would like to spend the rest of her life with. Aside from all of the preparations and panic, one pre event that future brides are looking forward to is their "bridal shower". For others, its like partying as a single person and doing so many things..        Et al.


Well i believe that's not always true for Bridal Showers.


Not like any ordinary bridal shower, with the drinks and everything, I had two! One in particular is far from all of the bridal showers that I have heard of and it was very conservative.


I really had to idea about it and it was arranged by Sweets and one of my close friends, Betchay.  I was informed that we will meet at Beth's house for my bridal shower.  For me that's totally fine for as long as I have my friends with me.


When Sweets and I are headed in their place, I told Sweets to stay a bit and eat something before leaving (one of the best things about Beth's place is that there were always plenty of food), then Sweets told me that there might not be any food.  For me that's totally weird.


Anyways, when we got there, Beth was there and was waiting for me, actually only the two of us was there (except for Beth's family and Sweets).  This had me thinking.. what are we going to do.


Beth finally spitted it out and told me that my Bridal Shower for the day is going to be cooking! Oh my! I know how to cook but there's more, I will cook two of the favorite dishes of Sweets -- Lecheflan and Pininyahang Manok. I have never tried both so it was really a challenge for me.


A bit of a background, Beth loves to cook and is very good at it, that's the reason Sweets gave the go signal to have that Bridal Shower.. meaning I am in good hands. :)



A few instructions from Beth and I am good to go, of course she is always there to guide me.. Since it was my first time to cook both, I was very excited and took note everything because that's two of the favorite dishes of Sweets.  Especially the lecheflan!


It didn't end there, Beth also prepared some other food to cook.
We have Maki, Carbonara, Pork Asado, Cake and many more!


This was when Beth was helping me make the Maki.





 of course we have the finish product! Pretty simple!


 Here we are!! All ready to eat!





Look at the table, it's as if we can eat all of them, we are all girls.
From left we have Leah (my BFF), Ning Ning, Kat Mallari, Me and Betchay!!


I will never forget the chocolate fountain.  This was not just an ordinary choco fountain because the chocolate flowing was Toblerone! Just mouth watering!




 To top the event, we have a cake and wine! Loveet!


It was a very unique Bridal Shower and I learned many things!


1. How to trust
2. How to listen
3. How to follow
4. How to cook
5. How to cook while smiling
6. How to eat without thinking of my diet!


Thanks Sweets for giving the go signal!
Thanks Betchay for sponsoring the Bridal Shower!
Thanks Leah, Ning Ning and Kat for attending and celebrating with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment