Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Thursday 11 August 2011

Application for Red Ribbon from DFA

July 2011

There are different documents where Department of Foreign Affairs gives their Red Ribbon, for my case its for my Transcript of Records and Diploma.

First I submitted the following documents to CHED (Commission on Higher Education):

1. Endorsement from my College together with my;
(a) Official TOR
(b) Diploma
(c) Certified True Copy of Special Order

All documents are Certified True Copy. These documents were requested from my school.

2. Letter of request to Commission for Higher Education for them to authenticate my academic records.

CHED is located inside UP Diliman.

In CHED, I was asked from which college I graduated. This is for them to identify which office I will be endorsed to. For my case I mentioned that my purpose is for CAV (Certification, Authentication and Validation) of academic records. Then I mentioned that I graduated from Canossa College which is from Laguna, therefore, I was endorsed to the CALABARZON office. I just gave my documents and waited for my name to be called. I paid Php 40.00 for the processing and they gave me a release stub on when I can pick up my documents. CHED will do CAV and then they will be the one to forward the records to DFA. Release is 15 calendar days after submission.

DFA (Department of Foreign Affairs) is in Libertad, there are separate entrance for passport application and red ribbon releasing. You have to proceed to the Releasing Division. Once in, you have to drop your claim stub in the area near the guard and wait till your name is called. Onced called, you will have to line to a particular window with one valud ID. The document that will be given to you are the documents that you gave for CAV plus a CAV letter from the CHED Chief Administrative Officer and a reciept that you have to pay (Php 100.00), payment is in another window. Before paying, you have to check if your documents are all correct then that's the time you pay to the cashier. Once paid, attach the white receipt at the upper right corner of the documents (staple) leave it in another window (as intructed) and take the blue copy of the receipt with you then take your seat, wait for your name to be called again.

Once called, you have to present the blue receipt, review the blue certificate with the Red Ribbon that will be given to you, most importantly your name at the lower right part of the document. If incorrect, give it back to the person in the window, if correct, that's the end of the process.

Other documents that can be authenticated by DFA are:

- NBI Clearance
- Medical Certificate
- Employment Certificate/Baranggay Clearance
- Diploma/Transpict/Clinical Records
- Board Rating & Certificate
- PRC License
- Birth/Death Certificate
- Marriage Contract / Certificate
- BLT Certificate
- Special Power of Attorney
- Overseas Employment Contract
- Export / Import Documents


17 comments:

  1. hello if i'm from iloilo can i go to ched here in our province even if my school is in quezon fairview or should i go to quezon to haave my cav?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, you can try to call your CHED office in Iloilo if they will allow thet process. Hope this helps!

      Delete
  2. hi how long po ba ung processing ng request for CAV of Diploma, TOR wid RLE sa school?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Melissa, Thanks for asking.
      For my case, it took 15 calendar days before I get to pick up my CAV in DFA. Right now they have a new refined and faster process, and you will get the document within 5 working days. For more information please visit http://www.ched.gov.ph/chedwww/index.php/eng/content/search?SearchText=CAV

      Delete
  3. hi po! wla po kcng documentary stamp ung pinared ribbon ko s dfa...nid pa po ba un?slamat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, please check the company on where you will give your red ribbon if the documentary stamp is necessary. If not, then it should be okie. If the documentary stamp is needed then you need to ask from DFA again. Also, it would be better to have the documentary stamp for future reference. I hope this helps.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I did the same procedure with regards to CAV in CHED, tanong ko lang if sa Libertad, Pasay pa rin ba kukunin yung pinadala ng CHED sa DFA or sa new DFA-OCA located sa Macapagal Avenue, Paranaque City?

    Thanks!~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi There, I am not sure kung san pede kunin. Please help check with CHED mismo, they might have a new process. Thank you!

      Delete
    2. Hi again! I went to DFA kanina nilipat na sa DFA-OCA effective october 30, 2012 located along roxas blvd. near MOA exactly beside S&R, same procedure pa rin sa pagpapared-ribbon and releasing. Just want to share. Thanks!

      Delete
    3. Thanks for sharing my dear! A lot will benefit from this one! Have a great day!

      Delete
  6. hi, i just came to CHED yesterday. and i request for cav for diploma and tor, and god is good that they approved my request without complete req like request from my school, and ctc.. i just gave them my photocopy of diploma and tor, then they process it, and i pay 40.00 pesos, and then waited to call my name and then i got my claim stub..

    im worried about would dfa will grant my authentication? any annswer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! Once you have the necessary requirements that DFA will need they there will be no problems with the authentication. Please make sure that you have the necessary documents at hand. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi. I'm just wondering what is the difference between CAV and Red Ribbon Certified Documents? I have requested my diploma and TOR RLE to be certfied (red ribbon) at our school last December only. They told me that if the douments are ready, I should proceed directly to DFA and receive it from them. Question: Does that mean I have my CAV, certified (Red Ribbon)already? Thanks and God Bless.

    addendum: I find your blog helpful and informative..I want some clarifications only with these documents because I'm already outside the country. I just authorized my cousin to process my documents for me. Again, Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi There! You have to clarify this one from your school. Normally Red Ribbon Certifications are directly being issued by DFA after you have submitted your CAV documents. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi. I already have my tor and diploma. Can i go straight to DFA to have it red ribboned?

    ReplyDelete
  11. hello po.. kng skali pong mgpa red ribbon po ako ng marriage contract nmin at ang pinsan ko ang utusan ko jn.. kilangan p po b ng authorization letter mula smin.. same po family name nmin ng pinsan ko.. salamat po

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi po ano po ba kailangan pag icclaim yung CAV? Nasa province po kasi yung cousin ko. Thanks

    ReplyDelete