Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Thursday 11 August 2011

African Fellowship Thanksgiving at St. John Cathedral

Sweets' and I attended mass at St. John Cathedral at 10:30am since we will be meeting our friend, Joyce Comia after mass. We usually attend mass at 8:00 am so this was our first time. 




I noticed that there were a lot of African people coming into the mass and then the officiant was also an African.  






Then we were informed by the other priest that today is the African Community in Kuala Lumpur Thanks giving Day.  There were many African and even the choir were Africans, there were picture takings and video coverage.




During the offertory, all African stood up and lined up to give their offers.  The choir were singing joyful songs while the people in line were swaying, clapping and dancing.  I was amazed to see how they worship the Lord and how they make their praise and thanksgiving.  As what Sweets' mentioned to me "the event was very inspiring!" and I told him that "we were lucky to have been there".

It was indeed very inspiring because witnessing that event made me realize that I can do more in terms of how I Glorify and Thank HIM!

Realization is all because of the meeting with our friend, Joyce! Thanks!




1 comment:

  1. Hi, this is a great post. I'm actually curious to know more of your thoughts and experience having attended the African mass at St John's - I'm doing my dissertation research on new migrants living in KL, about what their lives are like and how they adapt to like in Malaysia. The African community seems to especially closely linked to the church as a base for community support and solidarity,and as a local Malaysian who has had a chance to experience that, I'd really like to chat with you, if you're interested.

    If you are, do let me know - my name is Parthiban, and my local number is 019-3019088. you can also email me at pmunian2@illinois.edu . For more info on my project, you can have a look at www.politicsofthetemporary.wordpress.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete