Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Sunday 21 August 2011

You can be an inventor!!

We should all know who invented one of the greatest technologies that we have now, the telephone.  This was invented by Alexander Graham Bell last 1876 and after him, many other inventors invented the telephone.

This was made because of his interest in educating the deaf, this led him to invent the microphone and then the telephone.

For me inventions are always made out of curiosity, from an idea or thought. Something that you asked yourself, something that you want to do or to achieve.

One of the very frequent things that I think about and would like to do is to loose weight! Who would not want to loose weight?? For girls, it's like a trend.. we always want to loose weight, we always feel we are fat.  Have you ever heard a girl/woman who said they are thin? rarely! Almost everyone tells that they are fat.  Well that includes me!

For me, being in good shape is a gift that I can give to myself and everything else will follow.  Being fat is not bad at all but I always prefer to be fit and healthy.  I am not thin, thin, but I believe that I am just in the right shape. We always have this aspiration to get healthy but when and how to start is the next question.

It will definitely not happen over night, a week or over a cup of coffee. It will all start within us.  I have figured it out by myself with the use of a lot of interventions and I would like to share them!

From the movie My Big Love of Toni Gonzaga and Sam Milby, I captured the 5 very simple steps in loosing weight, just remember them by heart and we are ready to go!

1. Goal Setting - whether this is to save money, get thin or be promoted.  Everything starts in setting your goals. This is free of charge!

2. Start Today - or else your goals will just be goals, it will not move by themselves.

3. No shortcuts - do it the right way, no fast forward

4. Motivate yourself - how would you like to look like? do you have a dream body?

5. Be Happy!

When I thought of it, seemed pretty easy but in reality, it was not.  One should have the determination and discipline to start. My goal was to loose weight and to start a healthy living.  I will do this not just because I want to loose weight and be on top shape but because this will be a good way of living in the long run.  Starting to live a healthy life means not having the goal to loose weight at all since it's already a habit .

Now where did I start. I thought of the things that I needed to do to loose weight and one of the most common ways that I have read was to eat a balanced diet with proper exercise.  This way you are not just loosing your weight but you are also giving your body its needed nutrients.  Exercise seemed to be pretty boring for me, the mat, large mirrors, counting and everything so I thought of doing something that I enjoyed the most, Dancing! 

Doing something you enjoy and love means not doing the work at all, I don't need to drag myself to jump and stuff because I love what I do (this is a similar scenario in working).

I checked out videos from YouTube and found relevant dance exercises that I wanted and knew I will enjoy dancing.  I have created my own program (this worked for me, not sure if this will also work for another person but it should do with a little tweaking!).

Like any other exercise programs, we all start with stretching.  This will not only help us move but it will help our body perform at its best.  It does not only make our body flexible and at ease to movements, it will also prevent injuries for sudden movements and pressure.

Stretching can be done with our without music, but I prefer with music so I have a beat to follow.

Then I will proceed with the dance exercises that I have chosen. It really depends on us, on which type of music we want, what's important is that we are burning those calories.

1. Warm Up 1 (once)
2. Warm Up 2 (once)
3. Arms, Legs and Hips (twice)
4. Simple Arm exercises (twice)
5. Cardio (twice)
6. Arms, Legs and Hips (twice)
7. Arms and Legs (twice)

I just specified which body parts worked the most in the dances but dancing in general is an entire body workout. We let our entire body move and it also helps our breathing. Know more about the benefits of dancing to enjoy it even more!

Then it should not stop there, you also need firming. What I liked to firm up are my shoulders and abs, thus I did some exercises related to them. You can find some firming exercises at RedBook and you can also do Upper toning.


After completing everything, you have done an hour of exercise for the day. now whether you would like to do this on a daily basis (if you have luxury of time) or every other day it all depends on you.  Remember that it is not how frequent you exercise but how hard you exercise.

At the end of the day, it's what enjoys and excites us that matters. If you love to run, then loose weight by running or jogging. If you have any sport, then so be it.

I hope this article will be beneficial.
More about healthy eating in the coming days!

No comments:

Post a Comment