Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Friday 30 December 2011

Where is this Question leading?

Blast from the past - August 3, 2009







Sweets arrived from his onshore assignment last July of 2009.  Before he arrived, we already planned for a one day vacation to rest and have some time together. Only the two of us to bond and catch up.  It was a Monday, August 3, 2009 and therefore it was the perfect time to catch up for the lost time.

Even before we arrived on this day, Sweets already told me that he wanted to hike.  There is this hill near their place where they used to climb during their CAT time.  For me, hiking is one good way to exercise and thus I agreed to this one.  Besides, I love walking and walking together with someone you love can never be more exciting.


Sunday night, we agreed to start our hike at 5:30am.  At this time, its no longer that dark but the sun is still not rising.  


- 5:00am, Sweets is waking me up and I told him that it is still 5:00am and our alarm is at 5:30.  
- 5:15am, Sweets again is waking me up and I told him that our alarm is at 5:30am.
- 5:20am, Sweets again is waking me up. Ok, ok, I said.. we then woke up and prepared for our hike.


The foot of the hill is like 15 minutes walk from Sweets place, we stopped by a bakery and went to buy pandesal.


While we were walking, Sweets was telling stories about how they climbed the hill during their CAT time. I was just listening and imagining what they did during that time.  The hill that we climbed was going to the Eastridge Village in Angono, a gate entering the village is where you will see the famous Blanco Tree.  It was situated on top of a mini tower over looking Angono, Antipolo and other neighboring towns.




This is when the Duhat Tree was still alive


This is when we went there.. No more life left


This is what you will see when you are up there...




It was about 6am and the sun have risen.  It was cool and quiet and I loved the view of the city from where we were standing.  It was like all calmness and peace.  


I cannot recall how long we walked but it was quite tiring.  Nevertheless, we had water and pandesal to help us on our way up.


When we were on top of the mini tower.. I told Sweets...


KL: Ang ganda ganda ng view
Noel: Sige ivideo mo ako
KL: (Kuha ng camera at vinideo si Sweets)
Click here --> The Video

Noel: (grinning) Survivor series ito
KL: Kase?
Noel: Kristine Loidz, you are the first team to arrive. And on this point, since you are the first team to arrive, Survivor Series has something for you...
KL: My God, Ano yan?


Okie, ako na ang bulag, alam ko na tinatanong ko pa! Well I guess that was what I thought of that time and then everything that followed was history.


The proposal was not as emotional as what I have expected it to be, like the ones in movies but I really did not expect it and I was still on high heavens even when we reached home.  I still can't believe it that I was engaged.  


I did not thought of "what will my parents say?" "what will my friends say?".  In my heart my answer came from my heart and what I wanted to happen in my life with Sweets.


This is where it all began, this is where our dreams slowly became reality.


--------------------------
Of course, I had to ask, how did he knew my ring size.  It was then that he said he asked help from one of my friends, Portia :)




The ring that symbolized it all!

That same morning, I called Portia to tell her the proposal which she already knew before I did :)



Everyone were very excited and were very supportive of this road that we are about to take and I thank everyone for always being here for us. Through the good and not so good times!


It was a happy beginning indeed and from that time until now I have never been happy in my life!







No comments:

Post a Comment