Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Tuesday 13 December 2011

Talk to Nature! Broga Hills Malaysia


After 4 months of being here in Malaysia, I was lucky to be invited to join a morning hike at Broga Hill.  This place is almost 45 minutes from KL. You should have your own transport to be able to get there because of the location.

My last hiking was when Sweets proposed for our wedding and then after more than 2 years, here I am again ready for another hike of my lifetime.  Walking is one of my passion (its another form of exercise) but this one will be different since we are going up the hill.



We left at around 5am. At the start of the day we were all fresh, smiling and so much excited! This was our first out of town trip together!




We arrived at the foot of Broga at around 6am. It was still dark and you can see people with their flashlights.  Yes, people! and lots of them!  For me, it was like one of the normal routines, to hike Broga on a weekend!


Hiking provides a lot of benefits:


 1. It is a form of exercise
 2. It is a time for bonding for family, friends and partners
 3. It is taking responsibility of ones action (when you are up there, you should know 
      what you are doing)
 4. It shows how you care for the people around you
 5. It gives you the opportunity to appreciate nature
 6. It gives you a sense of fulfillment 


A lot more benefit and this will all depend on the person doing the hike.


Anyways, walking all the way up may be challenging for some and maybe simple for some.  In my case it was like at the middle.  At first I was enjoying but when we were going all the way up I was already catching my breath! Whew!


We don't want to torture ourselves and thus we had several pit stops as we go along.  This one below was our first! :p




We needed to keep going because we want to reach the top before sunrise and that's exactly what we did! We kept on inspiring one another that we are not tired and we can all make it! hahaha! That's the spirit of positive thinking!


All the way up, I noticed that there were a lot of people hiking as well.  Mind you, teenagers and kids and they were like very much energized all the way up.  Which reminded me of my younger years, where my energy is so much that I can sustain my hiking for long hours.  Enough of our age, I know deep in my heart that this journey was a test that we were not just young at heart but with our mind and body as well. Literally!




Going all the way up and thinking that I can make it was my motivation at that time! I wanted to show myself that I can still walk and hike! 


I have to be honest, I got tired of walking, especially it's all going up the hill.  However, all my sweat and tiredness was replaced with fulfillment and joy when we finally reached the top.  The view was breathless with the fog and all and it was a wonderful sight to see and realize how Nature can be this beautiful.


I have seen a lot of breathtaking scenery already, like the ones in Kiangan, Ifugao, Banaue Rice Terraces and a lot more mountain places but Nature never failed to amaze me of what she can offer, of what she can show me. Everything has always been breathtaking for me.




This was what we saw from above. All fog and just Nature showing off.






We were all pushing ourselves to get to the top as fast as we can because we all want to see the sunrise. For this goal, we never failed ourselves.  We were able to see the sunrise at Broga!




We were able to reach just the first part of the Hill.  There was another hill but we decided not to go there anymore because we were already contented with what we have achieved.  


Of course we will not miss our opportunity to take photos with Mother Nature!






All in all it was a fun and good experience for me! Spending time with my friends and at the same time appreciating Nature in Malaysia.


More photos at This wall! (if you have access :D)

No comments:

Post a Comment