Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Saturday 10 December 2011

The Support I got!



Indeed Life is Sweet especially when you share it with the people whom you love and who loves & believes in you.  


When I resigned from Accenture, I had no work to jump into.  It was with my strong desire and belief that I want to be with Sweets more than anything else instead of continuing my career in the Philippines without him.


It took a lot of mind boggling discussions, in and out emotions, what ifs and a lot of prayers.  It finally dawned into me that my decision is to be with him.  Only 90% convinced, Sweets, supported me with this decision and took on the challenge and possibility that I may never find a work in Malaysia.


A month after I resigned, I flew here in Malaysia to be with Sweets and tried to pick up my career here in Malaysia.  It was not easy to begin with, I was used to waking up at 5:30 in the morning to head to Mc Kinley for my work.  I was used to answering emails, calls, pings, meetings, training and a lot about busy stuff.


Now, all I have to do is to wake up each day and make sure that Sweets has his breakfast, lunch and dinner prepared. Make sure that his clothes are all pressed for work and our room clean.  I don't have my own money and thus I make it a point not to spend for unnecessary things.  


Sweets has always been very supportive of me.  When I was looking for work and failed, he was there to comfort me and say "try lang ng try" and I will stood my head and say "Yes, we will try again" but it came to a point wherein trying may not be an option anymore, it was also tiring, I must say.


Sending a lot of emails to potential employers and receive no response is like torture to me.  But hey, it is my decision and was supported by Sweets and my family and thus "I should not give up!".  I stood by the support given to me by Sweets and my family, their prayers made me strong and their belief in me made me determined that I can make it.  


Not in my time but in HIS time.


When I was close to my 2nd month stay here in Malaysia, I was already loosing hope.  Sweets and I were already discussing that I will be his dependent and so on and so forth.  The thought of me not having a job is like waaahhhhh!  Although being a full time housewife was never a problem at all, its the thought that scared me.  When people asked me if I was not bored at home and all, my answer was "no" because there were a lot to do but can I do it for 2 years? Maybe yes, maybe no, this one only experience itself can tell.


Answered prayer! I received a call from EPS and it was the call that I have been waiting all along for 3 months.  Everything else was history!


When I gave the news to my family, I can sense that it was like a huge thorn picked up from their throat!  It was a relief and I know that they were all happy for me and Sweets!  Prayers do come true, all we need to do is to believe and do our part!


I was surprised when our friends (sa pangunguna ni Sweets) here gave me a Congratulatory Dinner! It was very touching to see how we were supported by our friends!! 




This picture was taken by Che! :)

Special Thanks to the following:
- Sweets (Noel Fernando)
- Cedrick
- Nelven
- Az
- Karl
- Aries
- Che
- Khristian
- Connie

I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment