Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Monday 1 April 2013

Easter Weekend: Putrajaya: Hot Air Balloon Fiesta 2013






They say that Easter is a new beginning.  The time where we were able to repent and reflect on the things that we have done and are all willing to start anew.  This is the time for renewed hope, more prosperity, more success and more happiness.

This Easter, instead of finding Easter Eggs we opt to fly with the eggs!

Yes, we flew together with the Hot Air Balloon for the first time!  It was me, my husband and one of our best friend Ced! It was at the 5th Putrajaya International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta 2013 and we went there together with our other friends!

Even when I was still in the Philippines, I always wanted to attend the Philippine International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta but I am unable to do so because it's too far from our place.  When I learned about the Hot Air Balloon Fiesta here in MY and it's just an hour drive from KL then I immediately asked my husband to go.  Good enough, he also wanted to go and we even asked our friends to tag along!  Again, it's always fun to do activities with good friends!

We all wanted to have the Hot Air Balloon ride and thus we queued as early as 5:00am! Yes! They can only accommodated 300 people to ride the balloon and even if we were there at 5am, we were already at number 86.


Worth it!  The experience to ride the Hot Air Balloon is priceless! This is something that is not available every time and can be considered as "one of" experiences!

It was a RM20 ride per person and the Hot Air Balloon will fly within 5 feet for 5 minutes.  Not bad at all! ^_^




The hot air balloon is the oldest successful human-carrying flight technology.
For more information visit --> Hot Air Balloon.

It's quite fascinating how this thing works but it is definitely something to experience.


Yes, we needed a chair to climb the wicker basket.
I never imagined that it was high enough! Hehe!

It was me, my husband and Ced!
 

Okay, slowly we are lifting, then higher, then higher!
It was so exciting!! Yahoo!!



Sweets' and I were happily waving while Ced is happily hugging the basket!
Ced, Anyare? hehe!



This is the view from above.  There is Che happily taking our picture!



There is Joel and Reo enjoying their date up in the air.


Here is Che, Jo3 and Karl! Enjoying their ride!

here are some of the balloons!
We were not able to capture everything because we were so hungry we wanted to eat our breakfast already! ^_^

  
Up close and personal with the balloons while they were getting ready








Definitely a weekend to remember! 

PS: We also went together with Khristian but he opt not to ride the Hot Air Balloon! :)



Do not forget to Subscribe to hear more from me! :)

Xoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment