Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Tuesday 9 April 2013

My first "Mrs Santa" stint: Diaz Family Reunion 2013!

Every time that we have a reunion more often than not I am always the masters of ceremony.  Don’t know why but maybe because I am so talkative that my family don’t need to push me to do it!  Last January 1, 2013, we had our Diaz Family reunion at Calamba City Laguna and of course I was the MC.
This time dressed as Mrs. Santa Clause and I was all in with this idea! (ako pa! Game ako lagi).  My Tita-Ninang even helped me with my make up!
I hope that I was able to make them happy with what I did! Hahahaha!!
Even I was laughing all the time!

This was when I was posing and dancing to entertain my relatives! Dancing “cha-cha-cha”

 
This was when my father in law and my tita ninang was singing their hearts out! It was very relaxing actually only when I am not the one singing! Hehe!



The meal was prepared by all of my relatives! Thanks for the burp!
Sadly we were not able to take a shot of the festive food!

After lunch we then proceeded to the program itself.
I have prepared three games and one of which was the “Guessing Game”

-    - There were two teams (1) Boys (2) Girls
-    -  I will mention a category and each team will tell a letter.  The letter should be present in the word / phrase that they have to guess.
-     - If one team guessed one letter from the word / phrase, then the same team will continue guessing until they are able to guess the word or the phrase
-     - Each team has only three lives!  If they guessed three letters wrongly then they are “out”

My husband was my game co-host.


This was Gboy guessing the letters!  “Is there a letter A?”


After 6 categories it was the Boys who won! Hehe! No bias at all! :D
The boys getting their prizes - care of Tita Ninang Judy! 


Another game was the "Eat that Oreo".
Pretty simple, just put the Oreo in the forehead and try to put it in your mouth without touching it.  The fastest person to do it is the winner!

And the winner was! Kuya Gil Jun!


We also had another game called “Dance like Gangnam”.  We called all the boys in the house and they all danced Gangnam Style with the help of Camille leading the steps!  Whoever was the best dancer based from our board of judges wins!

They initially started with this group!


Then towards the middle of the song, it was only these four boys! The others got tired of dancing.


They were the only ones who completed the entire song and they were very thrilled with what they did!  Now on to the judges – since there were only four of them, they can either take the prize and divide them into four or the judge will choose one from them.

After much deliberation, they decided to split the prize!  Ohh! So sweet of them!

Of course we will not end this reunion without our gift giving!



This was when I was introduced to the “White Elephant Concept”
This is how it goes:

1. Each person will bring a gift worth Php200 (depending on what you have agreed on)
-  You can have a small gift but with a big box – up to your creativity
2. The organizers will place a number to each gift and will create small papers with the numbers.
3. The organizers will also create small papers with one star, two smiley faces, the rest are sad faces
4. The gifts will be placed at the middle of the room and all participants will sit around the gifts
5. Each person will pick a number
6. The organizers will then call out each number, the one holding the number will get their gift
7. Once everyone has their gift, they will open their gifts all at the same time – now everyone knows what everyone got!
8. Then the organizers will then ask each one to pick another paper (they will either get a sad face, a happy face (2 pcs) and a star
9. For those who got the sad face – better luck next time
10. For the two individuals who got the smiley face – they have the power to “TAKE” any gift that they want – Yes this is true! They can get anything!! 
11. Now for the one who got the star! This person can also “TAKE” any gift that he/she wants and he/she has the ultimate power to even get the gift that was taken by the individuals with the “happy face”!

Interesting right! Now that is how our gift giving worked!
For this particular session – my husband got one “Happy Face” and I told him that I wanted the steamer!! When he got the steamer I was very very happy!!! Hahahahah!! Power!!!

 
Then on the person who got the “Star” it was Mama Loida!! Then Mama took the steamer from my husband! I was like ---- “Whaaat! Cannot!!!” but since Mama has the ultimate power then I do not have authority to take it back! :(

Then when we were about to leave, Mama gave the steamer to me! Yey! She said that it’s her birthday gift to me and I was so so so Happy!!!!

Then we brought it back to Malaysia! Yey! We cooked Siomai!


Some photo opps with my brothers and sister! Goofing around!! ^_^




Til next reunion! I am sure it will be more fun!
This was us!  Yey!


Do not forget to Subscribe to hear more from me! :)

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment