Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Tuesday 23 April 2013

I am appreciating the Heat of the Sun!



Summer is all through out and Mr Sun is boasting about how hot he is!  Yes Yes I know he is hot and I mean very hot especially in the Philippines!

I think it has something to do with our Ozone layer... blah blah blah.. I can still remember my High School mini thesis when I discussed about the importance of the Ozone Layer and how it helps absorbs 97–99% of the Sun's medium-frequency ultraviolet light (from about 200 nm to 315 nm wavelength), which potentially damages exposed life forms on Earth.

Because of the many things that are happening with our Ozone Layer now, it can no longer absorb as much UV Rays coming from the sun and thus a lot of problems arising - like heat stroke, skin cancer, skin asthma etc but for the mild ones, it is really extremely hot that you would like to take a bath every single hour!

The depletion of the ozone layer is one thing to be alarmed and to take action to but I can only do much as an individual.  However, because of the heat of the sun I realized one thing ~ My family and I are very blessed!

Here are my reasons!

1. We have a house to stay away from the scorching heat.
2. We have a refrigerator to store water and make ice cubes.
3. We have water to drink to keep us hydrated.
4. We have electric fan and air condition to keep us cool.
5. We have clothes to wear to protect us from the heat.
6. We have work that does not require us to be under the heat of the sun.
7. We have the opportunity to take vacation and cool down.

While some people are having a hard time appreciating the heat of the sun, I was able to find some things to appreciate and I am very happy for that!

Often times, we focus on the problem and not the solution.
Often times, we focus on the bad things and not the good.

I think it will always be best that in every not so good experience / happening that comes our way, we should always stop and think back, how is this situation beneficial for us? How is this situation able to help us to think about the things that we have and others don't?

With these questions in mind, we will be reminded that there are always good things in every situation, there are learning in every challenge and that we should always learn how to appreciate!

Do not forget to Subscribe to hear more from me! :)

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment