Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Friday 12 April 2013

Two persons: Which one are you?


Last Holy Week we had the privilege to attend a recollection here in KL that was sponsored  by "The Feast" in KL.  It was just a half day recollection lead by Brother Obet and it was a very fruitful half day session.

In the session I learned about two types of people:
1. Blessing expert
2. Problem expert

Now what does this mean?

I have a friend, every time she sees me, she always notices if I have a new pimple, new scar or anything negative about my face. Then every time those scars are gone she never notices!   This is a typical behavior of a Problem Expert.

Problem Experts, from the word "problem" itself means that they are always looking for the "problem", looking for bad or negative things.  While on the other hand, Blessing Experts are those who sees the good things about things.   Someone who can see the beauty of the one thing despite its negativity and flaws.

In my opinion, being a Problem Expert is something that is innate in every individual, it is just in the intensity that it differs.  I always choose to be a Blessing Expert rather than a Problem Expert. Here are my reasons:

1. If you "try" to see good things about anything, it feels light.
2. Saying good things to people strengthens relationship and bond.
3. Good things are all positivity; positivity is contagious; positivity is like a magnet of happy things and everything will follow.
4. If one is a blessing expert, slowly everyone around this person becomes a Blessing Expert 5. This is good Karma!

Now we all have a choice. Whether to be a Blessing Expert or a Problem Expert.  I chose to be a Blessing Expert! 

Do not forget to Subscribe to hear more from me! :)

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment