Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Friday 12 April 2013

Happy Friday: The Golden Rule

The Golden Rule:

"Do unto others what you want others do unto you".  

I knew this rule for like forever!  My parents always tell me that I have to follow the golden rule because the universe works wonders!  

I learned from wiki that there are two types of Golden Rule:
  • (Positive form of Golden Rule): One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself.[1]
  • (Negative form of Golden Rule): One should not treat others in ways that one would not like to be treated.
I firmly believe that this rule should be taken in seriously!  For me it's like the law of Karma ~ it is a cause and effect that runs in a continuous cycle.

I have experienced both the positive and negative karma and thus I speak for myself.  I wanted to share these things to the people I love so that they know the right things to do.

Here are some of the things on my list:

1. Be Humble! ~ Do not boast about the things that you have for the sake of doing it! It's a good feeling to soar high but it's painful to fall down without anyone willing to catch you!

2. Be Contented! ~ Contentment is the sister of Fulfillment. If you have these siblings then you will be Happy ~ If you are happy then you will not long for the things that you do not need.

3. Be Thankful! ~ If you are thankful with what you have then it means you are happy! Being Happy is translated to doing good things to others.

4. Be ImPerfectionist! ~Do not be "perfectionist".  Be someone who appreciates the flaws of other people rather than pinning it down on them.  We do not want people outlining the imperfections of our being, right?

5. Give More! ~ My mother always tell me "It's better to give than to receive" and this is very true!  Give more, it doesn't need to be grand it just have to be sincere!

I hope my thoughts were helpful for us to always take the Golden Rule seriously! ^_^

Talk to you all soon!
Do not forget to Subscribe to hear more from me! :)

Xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment