Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Friday 10 August 2012

S is for Singapore, Day 2

This is the continuation of our April 2012 Singapore Adventure.. For continuity purposes, here is the Singapore Day 1.

Our second day was entirely allotted for Universal Studios.  I am not a fan of themed parks but the child in me definitely went out when I set foot at Universal Studios.

Even if we do not have our own transport while in SG, it was pretty easy for us to roam around the city because their Transportation System is very organized (compared to PH).




 All we need to have is a map of the train stations.
Larger Map here
From our place in Tampines (again c/o of my good friend Liza), we rode a bus going to the train station, our first station was the Tampines Station.

1. East West Line - Tampines Station up to Outram Station
2. North East Line - Outram Station up to Harbour Front Station
3. Sentosa Express - Harbour Front up to Waterfront Station

Waterfront station is the place to be to start off your Universal Studios Adventure.

When we arrived at USS, it was drizzling and we thought that our stay will not be so fun.  However, the sight, the ride, the people and entertainment proved us wrong.  Now let us begin the journey.

Of course who would miss the sight of the Universal Studios Logo? We need to have our photo opportunity here (even if it was drizzling).


We arrived at around 11am and there were just enough people at USS so I felt that we have all the time that we need to roam around!


Just a bit of a story about my hat in here, I bought this from Malacca (a week before going to SG) and this was her last shot!  huhuhuh!
I lost it while busy queuing up to take a picture with Marilyn Monroe.


What I noticed here in USS, it's not only the rides and attractions that tourists were excited about.  They were also excited about the characters here in USS.  Similar to any visitor, we were also excited about them!

Woody wood pecker and his wife!
One funny incident before this picture was when we were about to pose for the picture, Woody and his wife asked my brother (the one in yellow) to jump.  Just after my brother jumped, both woody and his wife acted like the land crumbled and they were out of balance.  That was so funny! :D

Now moving on to our next character was Betty Boop! She is still sexy in real life!


My father-in-law asked Betty if he can wrap his arms around her, then Betty mentioned "Sorry but my boyfriend will be jealous" and thus they ended up having this pose instead! :)

Now as we move further we still have some photo opps.


The park is like a circle, it's either you go to the left or right to start your journey.  From where we were standing (in this photo above), you can see from the map (below) that we were at the "star".


We then started our journey going left.
First stop was Madagascar.


It was indeed a "crate of adventure".  I never watched Madagascar (I,II or III) but when I experienced the ride, it's as if I watched the movie.  It was fun!  Now the child in me is slowly coming into play.

After which we went to watch Shrek 4D Adventure.  Nice but I still liked Madagascar!


Some more walking and we found ourselves in the Donkey Live.  Where Donkey talked to my brother (again) and jokingly told him that he was a Shrek! Now that was funny!


This is Raul talking to my brother and Donkey.  Asking my brother to swear not to fart! Hehehe!  My brother was very sports to partcipate.

After Donkey, we felt hungry and ate at the nearby burger restaurant.

Next stop was Jurassic Park, where my brother and I rode the Canopy Flyer while my husband and father in law was roaming around the area.


We also visited Waterworld.  I liked this movie and when I get to see the play here in USS, I appreciated it more.  I liked it!


The next area was the Ancient Egypt where my brother and I (excitedly) rode the "Revenge of the Mummy".  I must say, it was such a ride! I liked it!  This is my first now, second was Madagascar.



Right after the ride, we (my brother and I) cannot find Sweets and Papa!  Hmm.. I am not so patient in waiting and finding lost people and thus we decided to ride another one.  Battlestar Galactica!


After the ride, I wished I hadn't tried it.  I was dizzy and I wanted to vomit.  My brother wants to ride one more but I begged not to.

Luckily, we saw my husband and father in law.
Then we bumped into "Brendan Frasier" of the Mummy and it was another photo opp.

Okie, next stop was Transformers: the ride.  This is more than 4D! =)


This was the best, we watched it twice! Special request from my husband.. He still wants to ride the third time but the Hollywood Dream Parade was about to start in a few minutes and so we just waited there.

While waiting, we had some more opportunity for more pictures.



Is this cab yours? :)

We went to USS on a Saturday and we were lucky to witness the parade.  They have it only during weekends (I believe).

Now without further ado, the Hollywood Parade is here!


The parade consists of all the characters in USS from Marlyn Monroe, to Madagascar up to the Mummy. They were all made up, dancing and singing.  It was nice to look at them.


Before the parade, we were able to watch the broad way show care of these three beautiful and talented women. :)


After a couple more of pictures and walking we all decided to call it a day.
But while we were about to leave, this fellow stopped us.


But we told him that we will come back! :D
I hope that your visit will also be as fun as we did!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment