Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Saturday 11 August 2012

Go ahead drink more Coffee :D

From Getty Images


























I am a coffee person (if you versus it with hot chocolate) but not as addict as some of my colleagues.  I like it simple, three in one coffee mix is the perfect one for me and my husband makes the perfect cup of coffee for me! 

I have read that every day coffee is not good and so on and so forth but just recently I read something from Readers Digest that made coffee even more interesting.

According to Sanjiv Chopra "Coffee is truly a life-saving miracle drug".  Though he says it's still a "scientific mystery" how a simple cup of coffee works its wonders in the body, large epidemiological studies repeatedly verify its astonishing benefits. Some recent research highlights:

>> More than three cups a day lower women's risk of developing the most common skin cancer by 20%

>> More than six cups a day cuts men's risk of dying from prostate cancer by 60%

>> Drinking at least one cup of coffee per day lowers the risk of stroke for women by up to 25%

>> Drinking at least two cups every day reduces a woman's chance of becoming depressed up to 20%

To minimize kilojoules, Chopra recommends you "drink black, or at most put a little skim milk in it".  The benefits from decaf may not be as prodigious, so stick with regular if you can tolerate the buzz. 

While most people have one or two coffee, Chopra has at least four cups a day himself.

Another note about coffee that I found interesting and good to know is from Nescafe.

Although I am not a big fan of black coffee, at least I know that at some point it can also be beneficial for our health!

Let's drink to that!

1 comment:

  1. Tama! Tulad ni Chopra, yung idol ko na blogger na si James Altucher ay coffee addict din. 3 cups before writing. And pareho tayo, kahit anong coffee kahit 3 in 1 solved na. :)

    - Rogie

    ReplyDelete