Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Saturday 25 August 2012

Project: For our Wall, Part II




I have been reading a lot of DIY nowadays and it keeps me inspired about the things that I would like to do.  

If you have been reading my blogs, I cannot deny the fact that I love pictures! I love everything that I can do with pictures.  

For today, I was inspired to do something new from my old wall painting.




Early this year, I bought a plastic wall painting from the Philippines.  It's just a simple plastic flower painting that I placed in our white wall for decoration.  This is how it looked like early this year (taken from our old condo).



It has been there for quite some time and since we moved in to our new unit, I haven't used it for a while.

My friends know that I am a big fan of the "Go Green" campaign.  In lay-mans term - do not throw something that you feel will be of use "someday" (my husband always ask me when will "someday" be?).

Anyways, this week, I finally thought of where I want to use them.
I want to use them as another wall decoration but with a twist.

Here are the things that I needed:

1. The Painting itself
2. Scissors, glue, double sided tape
3. colored paper
4. Maps
5. Black and white portraits



How I did it:

1. I picked three favorite shots from our wedding and printed it in black and white
2. Placed the photos at the back of the painting
3. Printed three locations from Google Map, I chose three places:
    a. San Pablo City - where I lived
    b. Angono, Rizal - where Sweets lived
    c. Kuala Lumpur Malaysia - where we live right now
4. Cut all maps into heart shapes
5. Placed each heart shape map into the colored paper and cut it with remaining colored paper at the edges.
6. Placed the three hearts into the back of the painting

The results:

This is the first frame.



This is the second frame.



This is the closer look of the maps of each of the hearts.



This is how it looked like in our room.



A very nice and personalized wall art!



I still don't know what will be my next project but I am sure that it will still include photos. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment