Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Saturday 18 August 2012

Who loves Mickey?


Again! Who loves Mickey?  During my childhood I was not that exposed to Disney, specifically with Mickey Mouse, maybe because my mom wanted me to watch Batibot instead.  Nevertheless, I was happy to know about him and I must admit that even if I am no longer a child, I am still fascinated on how he makes us all smile.

Mickey Mouse is a cartoon character created in 1928 by Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks at Walt Disney Studio.  Mickey is an anthropomorphic mouse and typically wears red shorts, large yellow shoes, and white gloves.  He is one of the most recognizable cartoon characters in the world and is the mascot of The World Disney Company. (From Wikipedia)

In a child's (or even adult's) eye, Mickey is someone who brings laughter and joy in a lonely afternoon!

I would like to share one of Mickey's solo Piano Performance in 1929.




On the same year, this video was where Mickey said his first words which were "Hot Dogs" (credit to youtube uploader)



Last May 2012, my husband and I was one of the lucky shoppers here in KL who was able to relieve Mickey's Magic.  Midvalley launched "Mickey Mouse through the years since 1928", it started last May 2012 and will end by September 2012.



In this event, they shared Mickey's Milestone! This is "good to know" to me and I hope to you as well!



A competition was hosted by Midvalley Megamall and anyone can vote for their best Mickey Mouse Figurine.  

Of course, my husband and I did not want to miss this chance for a great photo opp and so we did as much shots as we can! 




Here are some of the Mickeys that we enjoyed.






 




There were a lot more but we cannot afford to take all of their pictures! 
Now, who is your favorite Mickey? Don't worry I'll keep it a secret! :D



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment