Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Monday 20 August 2012

Simple Meal: Buttered Shrimp




Another meal that I enjoyed preparing is Buttered Shrimp!  One simple reason is that it is very easy to prepare!  

Good thing that my husband and I both loved shrimps and therefore we always enjoy eating this dish.



Ingredients:

1/4 kilo medium sized shrimps
1/4 cup butter
3 heads of garlic (if you want more garlic then you can add more)
1 cup sprite / 7-up

Procedure:

1. Marinate the shrimp into the Sprite / 7-up, usually 15 minutes will do but I prefer overnight.  This will enable to the Sprite to sip through the shrimps better.  Giving it a sweet taste
2. Heat pan, let butter melt together with the finely chopped garlic
3. Once the garlic is light brown, pour in the shrimp together with the marinate
4. Cook until the butter is thick
5. Enjoy with steamed rice

Yield = 2 people

 
Enjoy this very simple meal as we enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment