Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Tuesday 7 August 2012

My Prayer!




















Last June 2012, we were lucky to have been invited to a Christian gathering by one of our friends here in MY.  

In that event, several passages from the bible were read and after which each pastor will give their sermon and reflection.

Of the many passages that I loved, one struck me the most. It was from  Jeremiah 29:11

   "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

For me, it was very meaningful.  More so when the pastor gave his reflection about this one, and I quote:

"While we are thinking about our disappointments; God is thinking about our next appointment"

"While we are thinking about our failures; God is thinking about our next achievement"

"While we are thinking about our defeat; God is thinking about our next feat"

"God says:  I know the plans that I have for you, I know the thoughts that I have for you and my plans and thoughts for you is to do you GOOD."   

"God says:  You will call upon Me and I will come to you"

This is the time where, FAITH comes into play..



Many of us (yes I am also guilty) rely on HIM to do miracles on what we want to happen in our lives, but we always forget that WE play an integral part in shaping our lives.

Challenges may occur but these things are given not for the sake of having fun but for the sake of learning and growing.  It's always a cliche to hear "A problem is not given to you if HE knows that you cannot solve it" but my question would be; until when we will say these words if we do not even act upon it?

We need not be reactive, wait for something to happen then respond to it.  We need to responsive to things even before a challenge is about to occur.  Anticipating changes and looking on a larger picture to overcome a situation ~ coming from a doctor's perspective; prevention is better than cure (this is always helpful in any situation). 

During tough times, like what our fellow Filipinos are experiencing right now;  instead of dwelling into the sad moments that are happening and asking the question "Why", think instead?  There are reasons why these things are happening, the reasons only an open minded person can think of and comprehend.

One example: (Although I am not pertaining to a particular person / group)

If an illegal settler is affected by flood, fire or whatever, whose houses were tragically taken away from them, maybe the message would be, settling into a more peaceful and calm environment in the provinces would be more appropriate where they can live comfortably and simply.

If there are floods, there are reasons behind it, then what should we do. 
Take care of our forests and Eco-system. 

Many more things to think about and take action but I know that in our own simple way, all of us can address a growing problem in our country.  Just by simply throwing our rubbish into the right place then maybe it will not go back to us together with high tides in the sea.

Just my two cents with what is happening around the metro.

At the end of the day, we always PRAY and continue to have our FAITH in HIM that things will get better.  

However, we should never forget that whatever is happening right now are just the effects of what we did before.



No comments:

Post a Comment