Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Thursday 31 May 2012

Again, Malaysia Day 2!

It took a month for me to write this one.  I apologize if I did not have the time to write this story... nevertheless here it is.  Again, my brother and father in law stayed here in Malaysia for two weeks and in those two weeks we made sure that every free time is worth it.


On their first weekend here in Malaysia.. We took them to the historical place in the world, nothing more than Malacca.  This is a day tour for them.


Going to Malacca if using public transport will take a lot of hop on, hop off. 

- Asia Jaya to KL Sentral (Kelana Jaya Line)
- KL Sentral to Bandar Tasik Selatan (KLIA Transit)
- Metrobus (2 hour ride to Malacca)
- Malacca Sentral - Malacca Center (another bus)


While waiting for the KLIA Transit
Since the first stop in Malacca is the Christ Church and the Victoria Fountain, this was their first photo opportunity as well.  I guess this is two in one photo :)



At the time that we arrived in Malacca, it just stopped raining and thus it was not so sunny at that time.  The only not so good is that they were not able to wear Malaysian's national costume that we did before.

After which we went straight ahead to St. Paul Hill.  At that time there were few tourists which made photo opportunities a lot better :)

This is the overlooking view from St. Paul Hill.  Another shot not always seen!
Inside St Paul.. the walls are very vintage and nice!
A few steps down the hill is where our Alma Mater was situated.  Definitely my brother will not miss this photo opportunity since it was his first time in Malacca.


For lunch, we stopped at the nearest park (where there were a lot of students eating as well) and we ate there.  Good enough it was not raining at that time.  I loved the Buko Juice that we had there!  Very refreshing and sweet!

Since I already experience riding the Taming Sari, I no longer joined them in the ride.. I just looked at them as they go up and I just waited.

This is the view from up there!  
It was drizzling at this time but luckily it stopped!  We were given the chance to walk towards the Samudera Museum.  This museum was the ship that was used by the Spaniards when they were searching for spices and they landed in the island of Malacca.  This is the same ship that voyaged their way to the Philippines.  Ferdinand Magellan was in this ship! Quite interesting if we can recall our history.


Next stop, just a few steps is the Jonker Street.
We went to eat Cendol, Noodles, Nyonya, Rice and chicken. It was also an opportunity for us to rest (since we have been walking and walking and walking all day).


Along the street, I guess I found where my brother got his inspiration to stay fit.  Nothing else but this!


Going back from Jonker Street, this was our last stop! The windmill :)


After this, we went back to find our way to Malacca Center to go back to KL.
Tiring but what's important was my brother and father in law was able to reach this historical place while they were here in Malaysia.

Things are always worth it if we will see it's worth!  Did that make any sense? 
Nevertheless, I know both of them enjoyed!

For more pictures, visit Malacca Album.



No comments:

Post a Comment