Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Wednesday 30 May 2012

Yes, I attended a baby shower!


I have attended various baby showers before, mostly from my previous office mates.  From those that I have attended, it’s like a simple eating and chatting moment and then after that it’s done and back to work.. hehe..
The one I attended last Sunday was my first time to attend a "real" baby shower(admittedly yes). 
From the ancient times baby shower is an event where in all moms (including dads) gather in one place (usually to the place of the soon-to-be-mom) and share their baby items.  It is like sharing within their nation.
Traditionally, baby showers are held for soon to be mothers, so that their women friends and family members can share their wisdom and lessons of becoming a mother. 
Nowadays, there are many reasons for having a baby shower but for me the main intent is to share this special blessing to loved ones and friends. At the same time for the guests to share their well wishes and gifts for the new baby. :)
Last Sunday (May 27) it was for Eds and Arniel's baby shower.  My husband and I were invited to join this event and I was very thankful to share the joy with them.
Proud Mimi and Dada
Arniel opened the event with a prayer of praise and thanks to HIM and with all the friends who joined them in that special occasion.   

Then it was followed by the wacky and fun hosting of Ced and Kel (quiet a good tandem they had there, especially Ced!  Alternative career for Ced!).



They prepared several games and of course I have participated in one of the games!

1. Guessing game (ie. what is Mommy Eds waistline now?) hihihi
2. Relay (mini bike ride, sack race, drink juice + alcohol from a feeding bottle)
3. Pinoy Henyo
4. Bring me
5. Water drinking
6. Hep Hep Hooray
7. Relay (spoon and everything)


At the onset they already knew that they will be expecting a baby boy and thus the theme of the party was very cute.  Blue green mottif with a cute cake!






Before partaking the dinner, a special message was given by Eds to their friends and guests.  It was very sweet of her and I was touched by her message.  Essentially it was all about "thanks" for everything.




Without a doubt the food was very nice! Burp! Sweets' cannot say anything just "Thumbs Up".


Aside from the food, fun and laughter one of the most exciting part of a baby shower is the gift giving.  This is where the soon to be parent will feel the care and love from their friends and family. :)




Mami Eds excited for baby :)


Again, congratulations to the soon to be parents!


-- One of the things that I cannot avoid when I am attending baby showers is this question "Kelan ka susunod?" oh well in this event I was asked thrice and my answer was simply "In HIS perfect time".









No comments:

Post a Comment