Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Thursday 1 November 2012

What scares you?

 

In the Philippines (well generally all over the world), everytime November is approaching automatically people will start to celebrate Halloween.

Well based from Wiki - Halloween is a yearly celebration on October 31.  It was originally influenced by Western European harvest festival and festival of the dead with possible pagan roots.  Typically festive Halloween activities include a number of activities but the most popular of them all is the Trick or Treat.

However, for a normal child who does not wonder on where this festivity came from, it is all about scary stuff since "All Souls day" is approaching.

I can still remember when during those times, I used to watch scary movies and tell ghost stories with my friends and cousins.  This is where it is more fun to scare one another and then scream our lungs out while our heart is beating so fast.

Well, those were the earlier days.

---------------------

Now that I am no longer a kid; scary movies and ghost stories does not scare me anymore. I became more rational on things that I know I have control over. My old kid stuff does not scare me at all, what scares me is the reality.

With the economic situation right now and the news about global recession for the following year, how can I not be afraid about the future?  Sometimes I think about my future family and how I can sustain them but what the heck! 

I just think of this phrase and I am back to normal.

Sometimes being scared is a result of dwelling more into our comfort zones.  Comfort zone is a place where we feel most safe and secure, but more often that not staying within our comfort zones means not letting ourselves explore on "what is out there" and "what we can achieve more".  This is more scary than I think it is!

If not yesterday, then TODAY is the perfect day to start exploring and moving away from our comfort zones to achieve more!  This will lessen our fear in life.

I am telling you, if you dare complete this one task then everything else will follow. ^_^

Start with simple tiny bit steps (let us not surprise nor pressure ourselves).  With that little step, we will not notice that we have reached far!

Xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment