Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Friday 2 November 2012

Happy Friday: Size does not matter!

photo from Getty Images




When I was a little child, I used to think that when I receive a gift the bigger it is, the luckier I am.  

I always thought that quantity "really" does matter.  I used to envy little boys and girls who received big gifts and gigantic candy bags.  Those were the times where all I want is to receive the best gift a little girl could have.  Something that I can show off to my friends and boast about.  Something that they will be envious about.

As time went by, when I learned about "value" everything changed.
We have this saying "It's the thought that counts" and for me it really does.  It does not matter if you are giving the most expensive gift what matters is the thought behind the gift.

You can give a very expensive gift but if this is against your will then the thought is not genuine.  Better give a simple gift that reflects your dearest sincerity then it would be the perfect gift to give.  Also I am pretty sure that the recipient will feel your sincerity in gift giving!

-------------------

This principle is similar to happiness.  

One can have everything that he/she needs but is still not happy.  
While other people can have less but still manages to be happy!

This is where this simple quote starts to play

 

THIS ONE IS TRUE:  
 "It is through little things where we find the MOST HAPPINESS in life"

Christmas is not only the time for gift giving and merriment.  Tis' also the season to reflect and be happy about what we have in our LIVES.

I know I have written something like this before - please visit  
"What really matters most".

Xoxo



 

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Does the rate of your posting depend on something or you work on articles when you have an inspiration or free time on that? Can't wait to see your reply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! The posting depends on the activity that I do and also based from inspiration. Every time I wanted to share some reflection / insights about positivity then I write it :)

      Delete