Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Friday 9 November 2012

Happy Friday: My first white hair!

photo from www.ereleases.com


November 5, 2012



I was sitting at Ed's car and turned the sun visor vanity mirror and I was a bit surprised with what I saw.

Oops! Is that white hair??!

I did not pay much attention to it until I get into the office and look at the mirror again.

And YES! Confirmed I do have white hair, it started from the root and it's already an inch long. It was my first white hair.

Oh well! This is all I can say.  Is this a reminder that I am getting older or I am getting wiser?  

------------------------------------

It got me thinking, LIFE as we all know it has a lot of little things to offer, then it can eventually become BIG THINGS.   Like this one inch white hair that I was not expecting; if I will not pay attention to it then I will not realize its existence until the entire hair strand will be white. 

I asked myself, what is the message that this is telling me?


Life is like a ruler - you can never reach the 12th inch unless you have completed the first 11 inches of it!  It may be difficult at the start but as it goes along you will never realize that you have already reached the end.

One thing in starting little that we all have to remember - we need to make sure that we make each moment count.  Life is so fast and if we miss nurturing each moment then straight away it will only become a memory for us.

Like what Mark Twain once said:


"Sing like one is listening,
Dance like nobody is watching,
Love like you have never been hurt before,
and Live like it is Heaven on Earth"

LIFE is like my "white hair", it will grow naturally and I will have to take the lesson from it! 

Xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment