Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Sunday 25 March 2012

Weekends for me is... the light!

Photo by: Noel Fernando
Location: Titiwangsa Lake Park, Malaysia
Whether you are a student, employee, entrepreneur or housewife / househusband -- we all look forward to weekends!!  

Weekend is where our official duties (whatever our duties are) comes to an end and we finally have time for ourselves at home.

For me, weekends is spending "more" time with my family and now that I am here in Malaysia, weekends is spent with my hubby.  I know! I know! We are always together so what's the difference right? 

Weekend is the time where both of us are not thinking about work and we can do extra activities for the rest of the day.

I am not a big fan of out of towns or dining outs.  Aside from the fact that this is an extra expense, it will still take some of your physical energy (energy in walking out and traveling) just to go about a certain activity.  Besides there are a whole lot more weekend activity that we can all enjoy without risking our budget (if budget is not an issue then by all means, loh and enjoy a whole lot :D).



Here are some of the things that I liked doing during weekends:


1. Cooking - I plan my weekend by looking out for possible recipes that I can try, whether this is a meal or a snack.  I believe that spending your time together (your family / your partner) in the kitchen means interaction and teamwork.  Good bonding moment and source of fulfillment if the meal is yummy for the tummy!


2. Cleaning - This is definitely a scheduled activity.  This activity is actually double purpose,  you can clean the house and at the same time assess how you (as a couple) take charge for house chores.  Splitting the chores and having some fun time together can also be your bonding time.  You will also get to know your partner more, if they find cleaning interesting.


3. Do some fun activity outside - An activity need not be expensive.  I remember one time when my husband and I had "Kite Flying" during sunset, we added some bubbles to make it even more fun-filled -- it was a good experience because of the fun of it.  There was also this one time when we played with his remote control helicopter and had some frizbee.

I also remember, playing "Jenga" and "Pictionary" with my friends.  Very fun activities and worth the time spent. 


If you are living in a condo / subdivision where you are privy to use the pool,  have some time to take a dip with your partner.  If there is a tennis or
badminton court then one Saturday afternoon game should be interesting.


4. Movie Nights - Although nothing will beat the movies in cinemas, sometimes, it can also be nice to see one at the comforts of your own coaches at home.  There are a lot of materials that can be seen on the internet and I know there will always be something that will interest both of you.


5. Communicate - Whatever it is that you are doing, make it a point to communicate with your partner or family members.  This will make each of your weekend worth the wait!

Now, who is excited for the weekend? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment