Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Saturday 31 March 2012

Simple Meal: Pork Binagoongan





The first time was a blast but the second one is better!

My husband was browsing through our cook book, he saw the recipe for Pork Binagoongan and he told me that he wants me to try it.


Even if we have the cook book, I still relied on Google :)
I am cooking just for me and my husband and thus my serving is good for two.

Ingredients:
 
1/4 kilo pork (cut into cubes)
5 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 small onion (chopped)
1 medium tomato (cubed)
3 tbsp salted shrimp fry
2 tbsp vinegar
1/4 cup water
15g sugar
1 tbsp oil







Process:


1. Boil pork until tender
2. Fry pork into pan until golden brown and until oil from pork comes out - set aside
3. Put oil into pan, put garlic, onion and tomato then mix until onion turns light
4. Pour in the pork, mix until tomato juiced up
5. Put in the salted shrimp fry, water, sugar and vinegar, mix and let simmer for 3 min.
6. Season so taste
7. Serve with steamed rice


Always worth the try! The one we had is not so salty because the taste was neutralized by the vinegar.

I hope that you will also enjoy this meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment