Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Friday 30 March 2012

Let's Go Bananas!

My husband is working at Scope International where they have a lot of GP2W  (great place to work) activities.  One of which is the free bowling sessions, tree planting activity, fun run and a lot more (well to keep employees engaged and I believe it is working :D).  If there are fun runs, I always ask my husband to join the run so that I can also join, but since my husband is not fond of running, I ended up not joining.  In any case that's not a problem to me at all.


One weekday, when I was planning to go somewhere else with my office mates, my husband told me that he and our friends (from Scope) will be doing something on a Saturday afternoon.  I immediately said "ok" and did not ask much about their planned activity since I also have somewhere else to go.

Now here comes Saturday, I got lazy to go out and join my office mates and then my husband asked me to join them instead.

"Okie, what is this activity?" I said
"Let's Go Bananas!" he said


Sounds interesting right... 
On the site, the girls were very relaxed to pose for photo opps before anything else..


However, right before the activity my husband and Karl was like... uh.. ahm..
Is there something in the sky?



They were actually concentrating and internalizing about what will happen in the next few minutes..

Watch the video...



Yes, my husband and our friends were in the video (watch closely :D).
This is the first time for all of us to attend in this kind of activity, although it is not usual but it was definitely exciting especially if your are doing something for a cause.


To learn more about this activity and to know "why banana?" click on this link --> Why Banana?

The after party was simple but nice.  Food were banana, banana cake, banana pudding and other pika pika.  There were performances to promote the Fun Run that will happen on June 2012. 


Yes, I am not from Scope but I believe that this activity is something that is worth sharing because of its cause!  Although I will not be able to join any run, I still wish "Happy Running" everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment