Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Saturday 24 March 2012

I will always be like A!

It has been 9 months now since I left Accenture and I cannot deny the fact that what I learned from Accenture is still within me (and I guess will always be with me), engraved in my professional self.  Wherever I go and whatever I do, doing things the Accenture way is always what I prefer to do.

I do not need to elaborate how Accenture molded me as a professional person; but here are some of the things that from time to time makes me smile because I will always do these things whether I am in or out of Accenture.

These are just me, whatever I say may be different from what other Accenture people may think.(I haven't started my list yet but I just did one A-thing, which is making sure that we provide disclaimer and manage expectations).


1. I summarize it - I just want to make sure that we are on the same page. After every discussion, I am always itching to summarize.


2. I document it - If I was talking to someone and I know that whatever we discussed is something that has to be done or has to be completed in a certain period of time; I make sure that I document it.  Not just making sure that we are "again" on the same page, so that, at the end of the project, if there is anything that will go wrong, we have paper trail to look back to.


3. I avoid using RED AND BOLD - If i need to emphasize on something in my email, I make sure that I don't use this font.  For me it says that one person is angry and yelling. This is something I was not used to do and am still practicing in not doing it. I know that this is one net etiquette that we need to consider.  Anyways, if I want to say a point, there are a whole lot thousand colors to use out there to make sure that what I am saying is emphasized. 

4. I confirm - If I send emails, I want to know to know that the recipient got my message correctly.  If I do not receive any response, I call and ask them to confirm.  Since they are used to it, I don't need to call, they automatically confirms. :)


5. I make things complicated - If I were asked to create a report I do not rest in just providing the information needed in an excel file.  There has to be a Pivot Table, several tables that shows different cuts of the report.  I want to make sure that the person who will read the report will be able to analyze it in one looking.  No need to move back and forth to each of the tabs, one summary tab is enough to see the big picture.


6. Confidentiality - Whether it is an email, a meeting, a document or a phone discussion; being cautious has always been my twin sister.  I need to make sure that what goes out in writing or in a discussion will be addressed to the correct people.

7. Process - I always tend to look for processes. :D


These are just some of the things that I can think of now but I know there is a whole lot more. Don't know if there is anyone else like me but again, this is just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment