Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Friday 30 March 2012

Happy Friday: What makes the orange Sweet?

I was asked more that once: "You have been married for close to two years now and yet why are you like as if you were married just last month?"

There are many possible answers to this question but for me it's simple; I know what I want!  

For me every action that we take always starts from the basics "what do we want?" then everything else will follow.  If you want something to happen then you will definitely know what actions to take to make that "something" happen.


I want a happy and fulfilled marriage and that's why I make it a point to keep it burning.   Now that I know what I want, I now take actions to accomplish them.  It does not mean that I will continue to tell my husband to court me or for him to take me out for fancy dinners or the other way around, for me it is how I make myself continuously in-love with him.  See, Love is not just a word that we say, it is an action that we need to show.

A simple activity that I do, I have this notebook with me entitled "Reasons that I Love you" (no I no longer create journals :D) and every forth nightly I take this out and write the things that my husband did to make me smile.  It is not even a story, the notes are just bullet points to specify the things that made me smile.


- He gave me donuts
- He washed the dishes for me
- He helped me carry my bag despite the fact that he is already carrying a lot
- And so on and so forth


This notebook does not just contain the positive notes, I also include the not so good things that happened but still are part reasons that I love my husband.

I made this activity for myself as a reminder that I married and loved my husband not for only one reason but for MANY.  There were times wherein I got angry with my husband (breath in and breath out) and I just looked at my notes and instantly I will realize that one small dot cannot ruin a clear bond paper.  Sometimes I don't even look at the notes, I merely think about them and instantly all is clear to me.

This is just one of that ways I do to keep it all burning. Not sure if this is something that will work for others but for me it does well :D

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. i really really like this post ate, it reminds me a lot on what i should do to always be in love.
    it serves as a good reminder coz often times we hear ppl say somehow we just drifted away, and taking things neglected coz we just assume that the person will always be there or give up when there is no feeling instead of making an effort to be in love and falling in love always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very True Jess! I hope this becomes an inspiration not only to us but to all :)

    ReplyDelete