Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Tuesday 10 December 2013

What gift do you want?


Yesterday, Leah asked me "Ano ba ang gusto mong gift?".  Well my initial response was "wala" and then I laughed. 

I remembered two Christmases ago, we had an exchange gift and people would ask me what I wanted to receive.  I wasn't sure of what I want but I was certain about the things I do not want to receive.  I explicitly mentioned that I do not want a "photo frame".  Please do not ask me to explain, I just don't like it much.  (But I do give photo frames with the Picture of the recipient).

After the gift giving, when I saw my gift, it was rectangular in shape and quite hard, I had a hint that it's a photo frame, but then again I thought maybe it's not and I should smile instead.  When I was touching it and trying to figure out its shape and features, uh oh! "I think it's a picture frame" then after opening it, it was indeed a picture frame.  Not your ordinary picture frame but I received 5 small Christmas Themed Picture Frames.  How sweet! That's what I thought!!

Up until I went back home I was still disappointed with what I got! 

It was NOT the right attitude when you receive a gift but at that time, I can't help but frown!

With that scenario, I had a realization:

"if we receive something, we need to be appreciative"  &

"If we are at the gift giving season, there is no use if we expect something to receive"

These are just my two cents based from my experience.  It was indeed an experience that I will never forget. 

There are a lot of gifts to choose from, here are some examples:


But will it really make people happy? 
My answer is "initially Yes"!  

Of course, including myself, we would be happy to receive these things.  But sometimes or even most of the time it will not. 

I remember last year when my husband asked what I wanted for our Anniversary.  I said "nothin" and then he said "I am planning to give you an LV Never Fuller". 

Wow! I really loved that bag! Sweets thought it would be a nice gift because I always talk about it.  Good thing that he asked me about it because even though I love it, it will not make me "that" happy in the long run because its just a bag. 
(Again, this is me! Other people might have a different thought in it).

What I asked instead was a ring!
This is what he got for me :D

A "Hugs and Kisses" ring! 

I was so inLove with it! 
It's not as expensive as the LV bag but I was so inLove with it! ❤

Therefore, for me, it's (really) not about the price tag!! I find it more meaningful if it's something that will represent the person giving the gift! It will always be the thought that counts (cliche! But it really is).

Now that it's the gift giving season once again, have you thought of the best gift to give? Wink wink!

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment