Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Thursday 18 July 2013

Why I love you?



I was waiting for an fx to go back home when I saw this couple exchanging lines and it seemed to me that they are just in the courting stage.  I have been in a relationship for quite some time now and I can say that I am pretty proficient in this field already.  I can sense when a couple is:

~ in the courtship stage
~ in the tweetums stage 
~ in the honeymoon stage 
~ in the "been there done that" stage
~ in the "boring stage" stage 
~ in the "kids first before cheesy" stage
~ in the fairy tale "happy ever after" stage

Well I cannot identify how many stages are there when it comes to relationships but pretty much I think I got it all covered.

Anyhow, as I was looking at this couple, I had my flashbacks again (with my silly "Oh my God I remembered something" smile).  I was thinking of my first date with Sweets!

It has been 4 years, 8 months and 4 days since our first date and I can still remember every single bit of moment that happened that night.  I wanted to lay down the top four reasons that got me hooked with him then and still loving him now. 

1.  I asked a lot of questions and he confidently answered every one of them - with this I felt that I can learn a lot from this person and that he will be very willing to share what he knows.

2. He allows me to speak my mind - well you all know me and I really talk a lot! He let me be and I loved it when someone appreciates my being so talkative. He did appreciate it and I was happy about it.

KL: asking, making kwento, asking some more
Noel: ang daldal mo pala anoh?
KL: kung hindi ako magsasalita pareho tayo mapapanisan ng laway! 
Noel: unga noh!

3. He allows me to decide - I was the one who decided where to ride (because our date was at Global Fun),  where to eat and what time to go home.  - it clearly showed that Sweets listen.  He hears what I have to say and then lay down his comments and options afterwards.  He is open for discussion.

4. He is family oriented - this is something that is not usual for a guy but Sweets is very family oriented and it gave me a lot of inspiration.

After all those years,  even now that we are married, these simple characteristics are still there and I am very happy to say that I am blessed to have him with me! 

It will always be a very pleasant and lovely experience to grow with someone who can truly cater your true self.  Someone who is willing to make mistakes, stumble and rise with you! :D

Xoxo
Do not forget to Subscribe to hear more from me! :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment