Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Friday 15 March 2013

Happy Friday: My two P's!

Sometimes I feel that I am over analyzing things but one thing I learned is that over analyzing things will just make my mind go crazy and make things complicated.  My rule of thumb: Think Simple!

If you want to do something, then go for it.  If things are not going the way that you want them to be, then by all means do something about it! Simple!

How is this related to my blog for my two P's?
I simply put, for me there are two types of people in the skill world. 
The Professional and the Passionate people. 

In wikipedia they are defined as:

A professional is a person who is engaged in a certain activity, or occupation, for gain or compensation as means of livelihood; such as a permanent career, not as an amateur or pastime.

Passion (from the Ancient Greek verb πάσχω (paskho) meaning to suffer) is a term applied to a very strong feeling about a person or thing. Passion is an intense emotion compelling feeling, enthusiasm, or desire for something. When an individual is passionate about their occupation they tend to be less obsessive about their behaviors while on their job, and result in greater work and extra-work satisfaction.

-------------------------

I believed in every word that wiki mentioned but not because of work but when I saw when my husband play Bowling.

Bowling has always been his favorite sport, even way back in the Philippines.
Being here in Malaysia is really not a show stopper, he even brought his bowling ball here to make sure that he can still play.

We were lucky that his company has a free Bowling every Wednesday and my husband took advantage of it by playing every week (or as much as he can).

He is not a professional bowler but because he is passionate in what he does he continuously improves and I know that he will get better!
In anything that we do, whether it's our work, hobby, sport or anything; being passionate is the start of something good BUT (here is my big BUT again :)) it is equally important to have the support system in doing the things that we like.

Support may come from family and friends and it crucial in meeting success!  I know that no matter what happens, I will always be here for Sweets and I will support him all the way!

Note to self:

Talk to you all soon!

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment