Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Tuesday 12 March 2013

Bohemian Themed Wedding: Niña and Miros!


One of the special events that we attended when we went back to the Philippines last year was my cousin's wedding.   

Before I tackle about this wonderful wedding let me show one great shot from their pre-nuptial pictorial. 

From the start they have already showcased their bohemian theme!
This theme is very hip, colorful and bubbly! I loved the way they pulled it up together! I think the theme also matched their personalities

Now on to the wedding:


It was one of my favorite weddings of all, simply because majority of the things there were DIY (Do it Yourself).  I am a big fan of DIY and I love weddings, so to be able to put a lot of DIY in a wedding is an amusement for me.

I know how toxic it is to plan for a wedding and doing a lot of DIY will mean a heck of a lot of dedication into it.  

Say hello to my "All In one wedding coordinator and bride" Ate Niña.
Majority of the ideas and handy work were done by her and her team!  
Naks may wedding team talaga! :)

Of all the entourage, she was the only who has a real bouquet of flowers.  
All the rest were holding paper roses.


Ate Nins with my very sexy Tita Mye!  She was all in for the bohemian and pomelo theme!


This was the interior of the Church! It was at Our Mother of Perpetual Help Parish in Sta Rosa Laguna. It was an open area church and it felt like the angels were all around us. All natural light!

This was a morning wedding, 8am to be exact and the lighting from the sun was just marvelous.

I loved this shot! It was at the reception!


We (Tita Ninang Judy, Aica and others) went at the reception hall right after the wedding pictorial.  We wanted to make sure that everything is under control.  The music, the center pieces, cakes, wine, food and anything we can think of preparing! 




This was my first hosting stint but as far as I am concerned it all went well! At least I did not receive any complaint (or they were just shy to tell me upfront).

Anyhow, I created the program a day before the wedding and I ran it through with Ate Nins.  Aside from the normal wedding reception, the couple was generous enough to give some entertainment to their guests by participating to our game.

We only had one game which the couple actively participated as well as our guests!




 
It was the "Shoe Game".

At the reception, while we were waiting for the couple to arrive.  I asked everyone to prepare one question per table.  The question should be answerable by Nina and Miros only.

Game Proper:

- The couple will sit at their backs and will hold one pair of each other's shoe.  

- One representative per table will ask one question that is answerable by Nina and Miros

- At the count of three, without seeing each other, the couple will raise the shoe of the person that answers the question 

Example: Who is the better cook?


Some of the questions were rated X and I do not intend to elaborate further.  After all the questions were asked, the couple chose the best question!

And here it goes:

"I always see you at church every Sunday.  Now, I wanted to know who influenced who in attending mass every Sunday?" -- Smart questions huh!? :)

It was a very light and fun wedding reception! I enjoyed a lot.
Now let me go through the DIY that I noticed!

Let me start with the flowers at the aisle.


Instead of putting flowers along the aisle.  The couple created colorful paper roses and spread it across a soft white tulle cloth.

Nice one!






 

Flower girls!

The couple made personalized windmills with mini paper petals inside the cone.  Instead of throwing petals to the newly weds, this was their way of doing it!


Then next one was our bouquet.  It was all paper roses and the colors were so bright and lovely!


It was all handmade and it took a lot of time to finish one bouqeute.
This was the bouquet up close!


Another DIY, very elegant and classy!
This was the cord.



Now off to the reception:
These are the table center pieces ~
- paper plate
- bottles decorated with beads and paper string with paper roses and leaves inside
- chocolate balls
- green puto
- round styro covered with crumpled paper


These were the flowers insider the bottles.



Part of the table centre pieces were these wonderful flower balls.
God knows how hard to make one! ehehehe!


Their cake tower was made from these cutie cupcakes!
So adorable! Nice to look at but very simple to arrange.



There were other DIYs I just don't know what else.
In essence, this wedding was perfect and yet economical :)

Portraits that I love!






Again, to Ate Nins and Miros! Congrats and Best Wishes! ^_^
Love you both! From Hernandez - Diaz - Fernando Family!

Xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Hi! This article is really helpful ;)))
    I am a bride to be and would like to know where is this beautiful reception. Hope you don't mind. Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete