Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Thursday 14 February 2013

How do you define LOVE?

















LOVE may be defined in so many ways by so many people.  It depends on the situation and it depends on who we are talking to.




Love is when:

~ You help an elderly to cross the street
~ You help your sister with her make up and clothes
~ You cook dinner for your parents
~ You wake up early in the morning to prepare milk for your baby
~ You lend your favorite book to your friend
~ You laugh spontaneously with your friends and you never notice the time
~ You help your little brother solve the puzzle
~ You give your food to someone in need even if you feel hungry
~ You create a personalized card for your partner
~ You stay late at night waiting for your husband to arrive
~ You tell stories and share tears with your partner 



 
I can stay all night just by telling how I define love.  Then again, this is something that may vary from person to person.  I would like to re-iterate the definition of M. Scott Peck (got this from my dear friend Gelo)

"Love is not a feeling.  Love is an action, an activity... Genuine Love implies commitment and the exercise of wisdom.  Love as the will to extend oneself for the purpose of nurturing one's own or anchor's spiritual growth. Love is as love does"

For me, the simple definition of love is happiness.  If I am happy then it means that I am in love and vice versa.  

I am blessed to have the love that I need, with that I am able to give back and bring more happiness to the people that matters to me a lot.

I hope that we all share the love that we have.  It will mean a lot of happy people in this planet.

Xoxo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment