Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Tuesday 26 February 2013

Beauty and Brains: Ara Arida

It has always been my weirdest dream to be a beauty queen! I know I have the confidence; (hahaha! Nung nagsabog ng confidence si Lord, marami rami akong nasalo) However, when you talk about the physical requirements (height, weight, nose?) I don't want to waste my time to try out because I know I am better off at the backstage. Not that I am discarding myself but I know where I fair. :)

Given this, I do not pay much attention to any beauty pageants.  I just learn from the news who won whatever title, may it be Ms. Universe, Ms. International and so on and so forth.  But this year will be different!  I will be watching Bb. Pilipinas 2013 because my cousin (okie second cousin :D) is one of the candidates.

I don't care whether she gets the title or not, the fact that she was chosen to be one of the candidate from the 150 beautiful girls who auditioned is already an honor.  This is already a life changing event and a very proud moment!



If one of the candidates was my uncle's - second cousin's - son's - daughter, then I would still be proud.  At least someone from my blood line has the edge to become a Beauty Queen.  Since she is my second cousin then I am definitely more proud.

Ara (as what we usually call her) is a typical girl who is very smart and knows what she wants in life.  Being part of the most prestigious Beauty Pageant in the Philippines is definitely a cherry on top of a cake, but I know that this is just the beginning of everything!

Whatever Ara is achieving right now, it is a result of hard work and dedication.  It is not something that you will get over night, it takes time, effort, belief and commitment!

To see more of Ara: 
- Official FB Page 
- Norman's Blog: Bb Pilipinas 2013: My Early Favorite 

We are proud of you Ara! Whatever the outcome, you are already a WINNER! 

 

Xoxo 

 

1 comment: