Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Wednesday 26 February 2014

Canossa House of Spirituality in Tagaytay


It was 15 years ago when I first set foot into this place. It was our 3 days, 2 nights retreat for Senior High.  Before, we felt that it's freedom given to us (since we will have away time from home) but our school has a different intent!


Well in all essense, the Christian retreat can be defined in the most simplest of terms as a definite time (from a few hours in length to a month) spent away from one's normal life for the purpose of reconnecting, usually in prayer, with God.  (Wikipedia).

Being a catholic school, ofcourse, our Alma Mater wants us to experience how to reflect and recollect with God.  May it be in silence or in prayer.  I cannot say that I am a true blue Catholic but I am pretty sure that I was able to learn the basics of prayers, giving praise and thanks.

Since all of us (me, GBoy, Mika and Louise) went to Canossa -- we all experienced the retreat.   Mama as part of the faculty, also experienced a lot of retreats! :D


It was at Tagaytay, where the retreat house is overlooking Taal Volcano.  The feel was very serene and one cannot help but meditate, reflect and think back on how one's life was spent.  How we want to spend our lives moving forward!


It's true that we all need a time away from the busy city and technology so that we can connect to this one person who does not need a strong internet connection nor signal, we need to connect with God!   It is through silence that we can talk to Him and I hope that I was able to that before.  


My goal: to be able to reflect and think back on the things that I should be thankful for and for the things that I want to achieve!

All is possible if we just let HIM into our lives! ^_^

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment