Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Thursday 6 February 2014

Happy Friday: The Alchemist


To second my reading experience, my husband and good friend KC told me that I should read "The Alchemist" one of the best selling books of Paulo Coelho.

When I heard the title, the first thing that came to mind was Science.  Hmmm, im not into Science but because of the feedback that I got from this book it became intriguing and interesting. 

Now, let me share with you the things that I learned about this book, my own realization, reflection and new inspirations.  I would like to highlight the key characters and event from the book that made a huge impact on me.  
On how I wanted my life to be. 

Sebastian - he is a representation of my life.  My journey is not from a book; I make my own roads, pitstops, bumps, bridge, U turns, round about and traffic lights.  It is how we put these pieces together that makes a good journey.  It is always true that we should have an end in mind and with this we will be focused on how we want to achieve things.  It will be our inspiration and guiding principle.  Now I am looking at my life as a journey that I will take and a story that I will tell my family and friends, a story of inspiration and love. 

The King - we can never live without someone guiding us what to do. Our parents, teachers, mentors, counselors.. People who have enough experience to share with us how it is to live and follow our dreams.   We can be doubtful or stubborn at times but experience is always the best teacher and their experiences can teach us a lot. 

One of the things that I remembered from the King was -- when he helped Sebastian in making a decision.   Same as with the people whom we trust, most of the time, they help us make our own decisions.  Decisions that makes us responsible for its consequences.  Decisions that builds character and helps us realize the importance of black and white!

The Thief - betrayal is the first word that came to mind.  There will always be a part of our journey where we will come across these types of people.  People who can either make or break us. Since we are strong and we know our goals in life, we will make these incidents work for our advantage.   This was what Sebastian did and it's an inspiration!

The Englishman - people will come into our lives as our "aha moments".  Someone who will be instrumental in showing us the things we yet to discover.  People who will become our inspiration to do more!  Once we encounter such people, let's embrace their enthusiasm and let it linger within us so that we will also be enthusiastic in reaching our goals.

The Alchemist - once you have discovered what is special about you, no one can take that away from you.  We then give the wisdom to other people so that they will also discover their purpose in life.  We all have a purpose, it's just a matter of finding it at the right place, with the right people and at the right time. 

Fatima - love is always an encouraging feeling.  Love knows no selfishness and if we do this, love will bring its feet back to us. 

Levanter - we see things based from what and how we want to see things.  Change of perspective is key in achieving  our desired outcome!  If we think of negative things then we will think about it forever and it will just pull us down.  While if we think of positive things then it will fire our desire for positive things, therefore, making us optimistic in sharing our dreams to the people we love. 

This book is about life -- the challenge is how we can make this book a story of our lives!

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment