Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Sunday 9 February 2014

58th Foundation Day of Canossa College


Everyone knows that we (me, Gboy, Mika & Louise) all studied at Canossa College. Every year we actively participated in our Foundation day -- field demos, plays, booths -- name it, you'll find us there!  After several years of working, I came as an alumni, an expecator. 

Time flies so fast (as in really fast), 26 years ago, I was dancing in the field with the song "Labamba". 


The field was all grass and there were white lines with cross as our markers. I was happily playing the tambourine and dancing my heart out!  I loved field demostrations!! 

The field looked so big at that time, I felt restless just to walk from the Basketball Court up to the Gymnasium.  I needed to walk along side the field so that the scorching heat will not kill me.  If it's too hot, It's like sand storm when the wind blew.  Like pepper toppings on your ice cream! Eerrr!! 

Today, as I walked to visit my alma matter, the grass field was no longer there.  It's now a covered court!  The distance between the (old) Basketball court area up to the Gymnasium is just so near! It's like, the ones I felt so big is so small now.  The years changed my perspective! 

This year is Louise' last year to perform in the field demonstration, I went to see her dance and feel the Foundation Day air for the last time (hopefully not).

It's weird! When Louise was dancing, i felt like crying. The same feeling when Louise graduated pre-school from Zamora Learning Center!  I was a proud sister (totoo!).  The song they danced was beautiful, it added to my emotional jitters -- "Let Jesus be known, so that He may be Loved!"

After the dance, we had lunch! (Separate blog coming up). 

We came back to watch the acrobatics.  At first, I thought that they will just do tumblings and jumping - I was wrong and (yes, old as I am) they blew me away with their talents!

The Balancing Act:
My side joke
(magbabatuhan lang pala kayo ng blocks, ano naman at napag tripan nyo na sa ere pa magbatuhan)


The Chair Act: 
My side joke
(Sa amin, inuupuan ang mga silya, sila mukhang na bore sa pag upo lang sa mga silya)


The Wire Act: 
My side joke
(Maghuhubad at magsusuot ka lang ng damit, pinili mo pang mahirapan)


The last act was a Basketball Tourny -- while driving a unicycle.  It was a lot of fun -- boo me I was not able to capture it (because of my limited phone memory).  Nevertheless, it will always stay in my mind and I will always smile! 

After the awesome acrobatics presentation, Louise asked for us to ride the caterpillar.



Then after that heart pumping ride (for me) -- we went to take a photo from one of the booths there! 

We were Koreanas for 5 minutes! 


Overall, it was a fun day but I felt that the College Days that I experienced was a lot more fun.  Well it's just me. Maybe the generation now is different! Yikes im too old! ^_^

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment