Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Saturday 8 March 2014

International Women's Day



Every year, this day (March 8) is dedicated to all the women out there who continuously living the dream! 

In my existence, I am thankful to be surrounded by powerful women who have helped me journey through this wonderful life.  This blog post can be as long as the encyclopedia if I elaborate all the women who have inspired me along the way, thus I am highlighting the ones who really had a great impact! 

In my Career: 

Ms Irva Cruz and Ms She Quito
- they were the first to believe! It was 2005 when I applied for an HR Assistant role in Accenture, where Pivot Table was an alian word to me, where MS Outlook is something new to me.  They believed in my potential, gave me the opportunity to grow my career in the HR world! My gratitude cannot pay them all, that's why I am paying it forward!

Dot Velasco 
- my forever HR "darling" boss.  I may not have a direct working relationship with her, but her mere presence made all the difference! She gave me the inspiration to mature gracefully!

Mamy Marly Pascual 
- my lead, who, despite my "emotional state" was always there to lift me up and motivate me to do more! She gave her full support and that support gave me the confidence to move forward! 

Pia Castillo 
- together with Gelo Lacanlale, equipped me with strategic and out of the box thinking.  To ask "why" five times and make sure I can get to the bottom of an issue.  To be able to exude confidence when talking to top executives.  They made me believe that everything is just possible if you just learn from mistakes and perfect your craft.

Ann Abesamis 
- my ultimate inspiration for poise and beauty!  She believed that everyone can just snap at any moment and that's fine.  She inspired me to be calm but firm, to be gentle yet strong.  She listened even if I was not uttering any word, she was sensitive with my needs and yet still expected high performance.  Lastly, she made me realize that I should be thankful if I recieved flowers on Valentines Day. 

Eunice Vaflor 
- she gave me the opportunity to think about what's important to me.  What motivates me to do more at work and who believed that I am also a human being who gets hurt! She made my work life so much light and fun.

Mimi Perez
- together with Alex Gasmena, gave me the opportunity to lead a team and to do what I believed needed for my team.  She believed that I can be more than I can ever imagine in my career.  She also valued what's important to me.  She made me realize that being strong is not a bad thing because it can help move mountains. 

Myra Arenas
- my current lead who is very gentle yet strong! My inspiration for work life balance and all about life.  My mentor for simplicity and elegance! Wish I can be like her when Im at the same age! ^_^

In my social life: 

Ochen, Tin, Athena, Kc
- My ultimate best friends! More than a decade of friendship and I am craving for more lunches, dinner, baby showers, birthdays, meriendas and a whole lot of kwentuhan and tawanan! They, who knew my love life and still accepted my decision.  They, who knew what I was thinking and what I wanted to say.  An extended family that I will be forever thankful! 

Leah Tanyag
- my forever work bff! This friendship that started years ago and is going to a decade now! She knew my deepest secrets and is very frank in telling me to "stop flirting".  She, despite our differences, still joins me in the pantry for a morning coffee, for our monthly frappe and for our endless shopping.  She is a sister from another mother.  She listens and take action. She who believes in me.  We may not always see each other (even if we are at the same building) but I always make sure we keep in touch! 

Kc Frayco 
- she is also my sister from another mother.  The person whom I never imagined to be close to my heart! We shared a lot of stories and pulled each other up to be inspired.  A friendship that came from my HR Academy days which I will be forever greatful. 

Rina "ba-Rins" Mendoza
- she never left me! In those times when I needed comfort and I needed emotional and psychological support she never left me.  With that I will forever be greatful! Even if we are miles apart, in my heart she is just one message away!  More than a decade of friendship is something worth keeping! 

Liza Ortile
- my pretty sis who is a another great inspiration to me.  I thank her for sharing her life with me and I value the trust that she has given. If all else fails, I know that there will always be hope because she made me believe there is! 

Beth Tangonan 
- my forever inspiration for all the praticality in the world.  I am stingy as I am now but I still learn a lot from her.  A perfect mom and entrepreneur, a good listener and a perfect friend that I can always rely on!

Ate Ytche
- she will be my forever inspiration may it be at work or at play! My favorite ate od them all, who understood everything that I went through.  She gave me the perspective in living the life that I dreamt of.  Made me feel I am always welcome in their home and accepts my flaws and misses! She inspired me to pray more and that prayers are really powerful.

In my Life:

Mama Inday
- she gave me the chance to explore life even if she knows I don't have wings! She is not the sweetest mother but you will feel that she wants you to learn on your own.  She was strict to me and yet gave me matching shirts and underpants.   She will move mountains if someone did something bad to me.  She made me realize that it's normal to have high expectations for family and made me feel that loyalty is important.  She always said that "it is better to give than to recieve".  She taught me how to be patient and kind, to be loving and respectful. She gave me the inspiration to be the best person that I can be! 

Mama Lena
- my (literally) second mother. She openly accepted me to be part of their family.  She is frank and yet caring and gave me the true meaning of loving your family.  She knows everything about her family and it made me inspired even more. She is always willing to help -- because helping is just her middle name and she can't do without it.  She is loved and respected by many! 

---------------

Again, to all the women out there who inspired me to do greater things, from the bottom of my heart, "Thank You"!.

Continue to live and inspire because it will do a lot for our future generations!! 

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment