Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Tuesday 4 September 2012

That moment!

Last Friday (Aug 31, 2012) night we just stayed at home.    I was doing my same routine (FB and Blog), while my husband was playing SIMS City.  It was typically an ordinary night for both of us.

Our friend, Reo, was at our house at that time and she told us to look at the moon.  It was light orange in color and we were amazed and thought it was full moon.  I called my husband and he looked at it for 10 seconds.

This is the same moon that we saw the other night. 
(this one was viewed from Guayaquil, Ecuador)



After seeing the moon, all of us went back to do what we've been doing at that time.

Just this morning, we (my husband and I) realized that the moon that we saw that Friday night was not an ordinary moon, in fact it was a Blue moon.

Blue moon is sometimes defined as the second full moon in a calendar month.  The first full moon was August 1 and August 31, 2012 was the second full moon for the month of August and thus it is a Blue Moon! (from earthsky.org)

We've all heard the saying "Once in a Blue Moon" - this means "very rarely" and with what happened last Friday I am glad that at least I was able to glance at it for 10 seconds, because the next Blue Moon will occur on July 2015.

My two cents:  

Most of the time:
     ~ Special moments
     ~ Special people
     ~ Special things

Will come without us realizing how special they are in our lives. 
Life is a fast paced environment and we always need to catch up, 

BUT (a very big B-U-T here!)

Special things comes without prior notice and thus we all need to take each moment / person / thing as a special blessing from Him.  We should always be appreciative and thankful with what we have, with what we don't have and in what we have accomplished!

A "Blue Moon" will always be part of our lives, it is just a matter of being prepared and savoring each moment as if it will be the last.

Aja! ^o^
                   

No comments:

Post a Comment