Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Monday 24 September 2012

Simple Meal: Ginisang Munggo








Another meal that I love to cook (because it's easy) is Ginisang Munggo. Usually, I cook this alone but this can be served together with pork chop or fried fish.

My father used to cook this one when we were children but I never learned to cook it.  Only now that we are here in MY.

You will need the following:

1. 1/2 kilo Munggo Beans
2. 1/8 kilo minced pork
3. Onion, garlic, oil and pork cubes
4. 1 piece medium tomato
5. 4 tablespoon fish sauce

Very simply done:

1. Put your Munggo Beans in pan of water and let it stay there overnight
     ~ this will soften the beans
2. Boil your Munggo Beans for an hour, stir occasionally so that it will not stick into the pan
3. In another pan, heat oil and cook garlic, onion, minced pork and pork cubes
4. Pour the boiled munggo beans and stir
5. Pour the fish sauce

If you have talbos ng sili then its good to include that in this dish.


Happy Eating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment