Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Friday 14 September 2012

Happy Friday: What boosts you?

Was there ever a time when you felt that all of your energy were lost and you need to re-charge?



All of us has the tendency to lose our energy in anything that we do.  May it be at school, at home, in the office, while driving or while having any activity. My question would be how do we keep going?

Being exhausted may mean physically, emotionally or mentally.  Physical exhaustion is something that is very usual if we are doing physical activities - like sports or anything that involves body movements.  This one is very easy to cure, we just need to take the needed rest, get nutrients from food and we are ready to go.

Emotional exhaustion is another thing - it is a chronic state or physical and emotional depletion that results from excessive job and / or personal demands and continuous stress.  It is manifested both by physical fatigue and a sense of feeling psychologically and emotionally drained. (from Wikipedia)

This is where the word burn-out comes to play.  This is a very dangerous word and I don't want myself to feel this way.  For me it means that I am pushed to my limit and it's either I quit or I do something bad.  So before reaching that level we all should know how to prevent it. :D 

We are always talking about how we can be happy with our lives, how we can be positive despite the challenges that we face and how to always keep that smile on our faces.

One simple way is by thinking about the things that "Keeps us on the Go" ~ things that boosts the hidden energies that we have!

We can all have our list of "Energy-boosters" but here are mine:

1.  God - He who gave all the strength for me to move forward to any challenging situation that I encounter.  This is anchored with a sincere prayer and guidance from Him.

2. Family - Whatever I do at work and with myself I always think of the things that my family will be proud of me.  These are the people where I can get unconditional love even without asking.

3. Good Friends - I may have e few but I consider them as jewels in my sea.  They keep me up and running when I feel down.  Just thinking about what they have to say in a challenging situation already makes me smile.  Friends are family that you can choose, so choose wisely as I did!

4. mySelf - Yes, I think of myself as a source of my own energy.  This is because I know myself better more than anyone else.  I know where my limits are and where disappointments can lead me therefore having the edge of using them to my advantage.  Aside from dedicating my actions and achievements to the people I love, I also make it a point to make myself proud.

Choose where you want your energy to come from and you will never go wrong!  You will feel energized even before you feel exhausted. 

 After all it's all about learning how to be happy and alive! :D




XOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment