Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Sunday 10 June 2012

My Team Building Cum Vacation!

One of the exciting things about working is that there is a time for "Team Building Activity".  

The sole purpose of this activity is to make sure that the team is intact and a relationship will be built between colleagues.  Therefore making a good working relationship and thus will be translated to productivity and performance.  :D  (yes I know how to explain its objective).

This was my first team building activity with EPS Ventures and although I have been with them for quite some time now it will still be different since there were only three of us, Filipinos.  Meaning, my jokes, punchline should be in English!  Good luck to me if I can deliver it as good as I do in Tagalog.

Anyways, this team building activity was quite expensive, it will be in Redang Island, Malaysia.

Our mode of transportation:

Cab - from condo to Kuala Lumpur International Airport
Plane - from KLIA to Kuala Terengganu Airport (Malaysia Airlines)
Bus - from Kuala Terengganu Airport to port
Ferry Boat - from port to another port
Ferry Boat - from port to our destination

As you can see from our mode of transportation, Redang Island is far from KL.  It will take approximately 4 hours to go there (coming from our condo here in PJ and via plane).  It was quite a journey.


This was the second ferry going to Redang Beach Resort.  
From afar, we can already see the place where we will be staying for 2 nights and three days!  A refreshing view from the hustle and bustle of the busy city.




The sand was so fine, the water was so clear!  I have seen these site before but seeing it in another country is even more exciting for me.  

For our Team Building activity, we stayed at Redang Beach Resort.




Right after we went to our rooms and had our buffet lunch break, we went straight ahead to the Team Building Activity.  


Redang Beach Resort has a lot of activities for tourist but in our case we had an add-on which was the fun games for team collaboration and interaction.


All of the games happened by the sea and therefore we were all wet and sandy!


1. The never to be missed "Tug-o-War"
2. Volley-balloon
3. Get my balloon
4. Relay
5. Walk like a Dolphin (walk with flippers)
6. Kayak fight
7. Castle Building


My team ended up being 2nd from three teams, it was okie at least we had a lot of fun and laughter plus RM50 voucher from Iseten!


After this very tiring event, we went for a 30 minute swim before we go back to our rooms.  The water was warm and it was not too salty, I enjoyed swimming!


Then we had our buffet dinner and drinks.  We did not stayed long for the drinks because I was so sleepy and tired at that time.


The following day, we had a full day activity.


1. Snorkling at Marine Park
2. Buffet Lunch
3. Snorkling at Open Sea
4. Snorkling with the little sharks


Since I have experienced snorkling before (Bohol, Puerto Princesa and Coron), for me the experience with Redang was not any different.  I can say that I enjoyed more in Puerto Princesa but nevertheless the corals and fishes from Redang were still a view to look forward to!


I did not have any snap shots for these activities because I was too lazy to bring my camera!  Also, it was all water and I'm afraid I might break it!  My husband will be mad! hehe


On this same day, we had some nap time and personal time.  I slept because I felt nauseous after the snorkling activity.  I was crying and I felt sick, I called by husband, i need to hear his voice so that I will be well. [im like this when I am sick :(]

After my nap and a good coffee, I was able to gain my energy back and took some pictures while I was alone.


This was an afternoon shot of the sea.


This was at around 7:30ish in the evening, the moon was just amazing.  
Too bad I did not have a good camera to capture its reflection on the sea.

A few more walk from this area by the moon, we were told that there were the "blue sand".  You need to rub the sand to see them.


The blue sand is Bioluminescent Ostracod, or more commonly known as sea firefly.  Ostracod or Ostracoda is a class of Crustacean, a group of Arthropods which also includes crabs, lobsters, crayfish and shrimps, just to name a few which are more commonly known to us.  They are extremely tiny creatures, typically measuring 0.2 t0 2 millimeters long.  Why blue sand?  This is because they emit blue light at night.  It is said that they use light for mating!  (from http://lifeislikethat.com/?p=2719)

After seeing the 'blue sand' and after a couple of shots here and there, we went straight to our buffet dinner.  It was BBQ Time and we were all excited!


There were a lot of choices to choose from (except pork) and you can eat all BBQ you want!  Good for me Jose was there to give me some BBQ Lamb for :).



Overall, this 3D-2N in Redang Beach Resort was a fun and food filled experience.

For more pictures, visit my Redang Album in FB.



No comments:

Post a Comment