Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Tuesday 5 June 2012

Malaysia - Day 3. This time Batu Caves!







Continuation...


When my brother and father in law was here in Malaysia, the places that we went were the places that me and my husband haven't visited yet.  So essentially it was all our first time. :D


It was a Sunday and we all decided to go to "Batu Caves".  My husband and I is almost one year here in MY and yet we haven't visited this place.  


Since  my brother and father in law were here, we believed that it was the perfect time to go to this place.


As usual, we used public transport to go there :)




Asia Jaya Station - KL Sentral Station (Kelana Jaya Line)
KL Sentral - Batu Cave (KTM Komuter)



It was like more or less 30 - 45 minutes travel from KL Sentral to Batu Caves and it was quite worth it since it's cheap!  I am the queen of cheapness!!

When we arrived, we quickly went to our business which is to go to Batu Cave and experience its step.

Batu Caves is an iconic and popular tourist attraction in Selangor. Site of a Hindu temple and shrine, Batu Caves attracts thousands of worshipers and tourists, especially during the annual Hindu festival, Thaipusam.

It's main attraction is the large statue of the Hindu God at the entrance, besides a steep 272 climb up its steps to finally view the stunning skyline of the city centre.  (Source: www.tourism.gov.my)



While you are making your way on top, you will notice that there are a lot of monkeys from the trees, steps and all.  They were freely walking, jumping and sometimes grabbing plastic bags from tourists.

I can say that they are quite smart since they know which plastic bag to grab!  Those with food!


At that time I noticed that there were some worshipers who climbed the stairs barefoot.  Maybe this is one way of showing their sincere prayers to their Gods.  

I can say that it was quite a climb.  Although it was not that high (since we did several pit stops) the stairs was steep and the step was not that wide.  A huge feet will have a hard time with the steps. :)


Once you are inside the cave, this is what you will see.  Aside from this, you will notice that there are a lot of statues and writings on the wall.  These are the images that they worship.

In one area, I saw that there was an event.  It was like Baptism, when I use our term in Catholic.  They were singing and giving praise and I can say that it was very holy.

Moving further the cave, you can see another stairs leading into another area for praying.  We went to see that place and below is the view from there.


After some prayers and appreciating the beauty of the cave we went down to go finally go back.

Another thing that captured my attention while we were there were the pigeons, there are many of them.  They can freely do whatever they want and it was quite fascinating because in the Philippines it is not usual to see such flock.


It only took us two hours in Batu Caves and right after that we went to Midvalley Megamall for our lunch.  Since we were so hungry, we did not have the time to think a lot on where to eat.  We ate at "The Chicken Rice".


After eating, there was a bit of silence!
We were tired and at the same time very full with what we ate, nonetheless, after a couple of minutes we stood up and went ahead to do some window shopping.

As we walked, we noticed that there were a lot of people in the middle of the mall... There it was.. we never knew that it was "Fashion Week".  Therefore, not wasting any time, we went to see the models. :D



With this event, it made me realize that my inner self wants to be a model! Awts! :D


After that we went back home and had our dinner near our place.
My favorite was their house special, fried Kway Teow.  


This day started with a walk and ended with a burp! ^_^




No comments:

Post a Comment