Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Friday 15 June 2012

Happy Friday: Is 30 years long?

Entering into a married life is no joke, this is not something that you can get out of if you don't want to proceed anymore.  This is not a game, this is a serious matter.  Especially if one values the Eucharist; the exchanged vows and the promise "to love one another until death do us part" in front of Him and loved ones.

After the wedding day it's now time to build your own family, your own true identity as husband and wife, as mother and father and sooner or later as grandparents. 

Time really flies and it has been three decades since Mama and Papa tied the knot.  I don't know how it happened but I believe it was the same as what I did during my wedding day. 

Through the years, I cannot say that it was all blissfull. Definitely there were a lot of ups and downs, struggles and hardship but what else can I say?  They are still together kickin' each other, eating together and staying in one crib!  This is something that I am very proud of!!

They say that you are a successful parent if you are successful in raising your children.  I will do the honor in giving my parents their much deserved trophy because they have raised not just successful children but good looking as well! Ahem!


I am giving them a "Star Trophy" because they have been our guiding light from the time that we laid our eyes on earth until now. 

Raising a child is no joke and being consistent about it is even more harder than we think! I may not understand this now (as I am not yet a parent) but I am sure in my mind I can comprehend it very well!

I would like to take this opportunity to say to the world how much I love my parents and owe them my life! (I am not good at this, now I want to cry.. T_T).

They have raised us very well and I am very blessed to receive their guidance.  We have two more siblings (MIka [19] and Louise [14]) and I know they will also grow up like me and Gboy (not that I am bragging but it's all true :D).

We (as their children) are not perfect, not at all!  We gave them a lot of headaches, heartaches and many many more.  Being the stubborn children that we were, Mama and Papa was able to tolerate those things and still led us to the right path of life!  They have exerted a lot of effort, time, money, energy just to raise us the way they wanted (or at least).  We may not be parfect as what they planned us to be but I know that at least we made a name of our own.

My prayers for them is:

1. To always be guided by HIM and protected by our Mother Mary.
2. To always feel the warmth of their angel's wings.
3. To hear the whisper of the wind that says we love them so much.
4. To continue to have the wisdom to share with us what life is.
5. To love one another as much as they love us.
6. To continue to be young at heart and strong.
7. To continue to have a healthy body and peaceful mind.
8. To continue to be patient and loving parents.
9. To have all the strength that they need at work and at home.
10. To always be happy whatever they are doing.

There will always be prayers left unsaid but I know that He knows the desires of my heart, especially my desire for Mama and Papa.

Happy 30th Wedding Anniversary and may this be doubled and tripled.

No comments:

Post a Comment